Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Video Game music I:ve got well covered, thanks for that though. And yeah, already have all of Trans Siberian Orchestra's albums. Love Christmas Eve and other stories, hated their second album, the name of which escapes me. I'll definitely check out the other 2 though.

My cup runneth over for a place to start, but if anyone else has anything, I'll gladly accept more forms of musical enjoyment.

One of my all time greatest songs is Canon in D Major by Pachelbel. It's often associated with marriages, but it's a really nice song when you sit down and listen to it properly

I realize I prolly like things that are considerably "newer" ... anyway, a few of my favourites:

Rimsky-Korsakov Scheherazade Op.35
    Dvorak - Symphony No.9 "New World" (I like most of Dvorak's stuff anyway)
    Gustav Holst - The Planets Op.32
    Saint Saens - Danse Macabre Op.40 (Le Carnaval des Animaux also if you're into funner things)

If you like Choral stuff Haydn's Missa Sanctae Caeciliae is also quite plesant.

I prolly suggested something kinda like what everyone knows anyway. Oh oh.. how about this, if you have not listened to this before:

The Butterfly Lovers - violin concerto
    It's written by a Chinese composer based on a folk lore. It's quite beautiful and I am sure you have heard some of it before if you have lived in Asia.
    Careful not to grab the copy where the violinist is Nishizaki Takako or Vanessa Mae. Personally, I don't think they express the piece very well.... yet, Nishizaki seems to be most popular with the piece.

Hope this is of some help.

edit: Also, if you get choral stuff, my personal preference is a all-boy choir... I dunno, little boys just sound more angelic... it's a personal preference, tho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-05-28 12:33 ]</font>

I don't have much classical songs but I do have opera.

Any version of "O Fortuna"
    Any song from Charlotte Church

to correct my mistake - English Folk Song Suite is Ralph Vaughan Williams, who happened to be a student of Sir Charles Villiers Stanford - sorry everyone

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2004-05-29 12:28 ]</font>

Avoid Andrew Lloyd Webber! XD

Mmm, another vote for Dvorak's 9th, particularily the 4th movement.

Opera is good, or can be. It can also suck ass.

Um, ever seen The Fifth Element? The performance of the Mad Scene from Lucia di Lammermoor in that is actually pretty good. ^_^;

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

I'm not to big into real classical music, but if you're looking for some good orchestrated music, check out Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda, two great video game composers who have some good orchestrated pieces.