Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I GOT PROOF!

It's ashame we lost another musical artist to violence again. Especially in the rap game. Proof of D12 (known as Eminem's Childhood friend from High School) was killed on tuesday early morning at a club.

He played as the man shot up on the Toy Soldiers video. Also, all this while I was reading about him hours before. The man who shot him will NOT be charged or convicted of murder or any other charges due to the fact Proof shot first and the other man was acting in self defense.

Proof died almost instant after being hit in the head by a bullet.

Cassidy who was released last month (after being convicted of involuntary man-slaughter) commented on the incident with a positive message on BET's 106 and Park. He had some good things to say.

In Hip Hop we try to keep violence to a minimum. Though it may seem as if Rap promotes violence. Beefs usually gets resolved between a rapper and their fellow adversary. It was said Tupac Shakur died in the same fashion (taking offense to unknown people), if pac really is dead is a mystery now, since I have a video of him alive in 2005. (real footage)

Condolences to his family, Eminem and other friends of Proof, and D12.

I Dream Of Sleep

On 2006-04-13 09:58, BogusKun wrote:

He played as the man shot up on the Toy Soldiers video.
    He did what now?

On 2006-04-13 11:37, Deathscythealpha wrote:
    He did what now?
    He played 'as' the guy who 'got' shot up in the "Toy Soldiers" music video by Eminem.
    Look, he did it again.

OMG! I didn't know this happened. D12 is pretty underrated, but, if you listen to some of their stuff, it's damn good. Proof had a pretty deep dark voice, but, was good to listen to. Damn shame it is. Being that he was a long-time friend of Eminem's...that won't be easy for him. Sad day for many, indeed.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

That's sad to hear.

Have a link to a story?

Misinformed people will think that two rappers shot eachother, rap is bad, blah blah blah here but I don't think that's the case at all.

Sounds like another one of those clubgoer gang member premeditated attacks.

This guy shot first? Why did he have a gun in a club setting?

So yeah, need a link to a story to be fully brought up to speed.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...WS01/604130469

This article doesn't mention who shot him, as they're still sorting that out aparently, and it seems Deshaun Holton(given name) was the instigator. Starting fights and shooting the brother of a club bouncer in the face.

But it always sounds like these club shootings have witnesses that don't speak up and info is hard to collect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-04-13 13:22 ]</font>

REJJII of the Azure Flame

On 2006-04-13 13:16, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

But it always sounds like these club shootings have witnesses that don't speak up and info is hard to collect.
    When you consider how some people would just shoot you(or hire someone else) if you decided to witness against them for something like this, you can see why some people decide not to speak up(unless they have complete trust in the witness protection program).

I like girls.

On 2006-04-13 17:45, REJ- wrote:
    On 2006-04-13 13:16, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

When you consider how some people would just shoot you(or hire someone else) if you decided to witness against them for something like this, you can see why some people decide not to speak up(unless they have complete trust in the witness protection program).
    Well, guns are scary...and if you saw some guy get shot right in front of you, then you probably think that they'll do the same if they found out you're the one that gave them up to the cops. Well at least that's what i would be thinking.

My heart goes out to Proof"s family and friends. Its versy said that we lost another rapper. Do anyone know why he was shot? I hope it wasn't over no stupid ass beef.

Anyways, its nice to hear that Cassidy is out of jail. >.<

Seriously, I had jumped on the Cassidy bandwagon (I even burnt his cd from a friend) and all of a sudden he goes to jail. His cd sounded pretty decent(Dunno about him putting the Gotti descendents in his "I'm a Hustla Video") but it was like barely anyone noticed him.

Okay... So some guy shot at this other guy, in a club, and then got counter-headshotted.

Sucks that someone died and all (and I'm not trying to downplay that tragedy), but leave it to an idiot to resort to violence, and get himself killed.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

>.< I was just informed about what exactly happened and it seems that the guy that shot Proof is probably not gonna get charged since it was in self-defense. Proof started it and attacked the guy first. All over a pool game and whos the best rapper in Detroit...............foolishness, thats all I have to say.