Page 365 of 683 FirstFirst ... 265315355362363364365366367368375415465 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 6822
    The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Zelda fanboys.

Enough said.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Family is finally breaking apart after a false hopehood of things working out. That and what with me leaving for the Navy's boot camp really soon, it's just left me in an emotional hell. At least I have....

Default My moment of Zen.

"Cats don't have depth perception. That's why the neighbors cat keeps falls off the roof like that when chasing birds. They're actually physically incapable of seeing in three dimensions." ~ overheard today at my eldest sister's house.

I couldn't even argue with that, just smile and shake my head.

Non-Zen moment....
    I was also at my uncle's place today to take a look at his computer which had been acting up. Found out he spent over $300 at two different computer repair shops to "fix" (I.E. buy their recommended peripheral crap) an "overheating" issue of which the only symptoms are that he can't play media files which contain audio. (programs don't crash, they just refuse to recognize the files... then all audio function cuts out.)

I don't know what's actually causing the problem yet since I haven't had time to really dig into the problem, but the symptoms apparently started manifesting around the same time as his last windows update - which AU lists as being almost a year ago. It's a promising lead at least. I had him send his original install disks along with me in case I needed to do a repair or reinstall a driver/software from the disk, and he hands me a couple of generic burned DVDs with "HP Reinstall Package 1 -3" scrawled on them in red magic marker.

These were apparently the ones Geek Squad gave him when he bought the computer "new" at Best Buy.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; May 14, 2012 at 08:15 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    "Cats don't have depth perception. That's why the neighbors cat keeps falls off the roof like that when chasing birds. They're actually physically incapable of seeing in three dimensions." ~ overheard today at my eldest sister's house.

I couldn't even argue with that, just smile and shake my head.

Non-Zen moment....
    I was also at my uncle's place today to take a look at his computer which had been acting up. Found out he spent over $300 at two different computer repair shops to "fix" (I.E. buy their recommended peripheral crap) an "overheating" issue of which the only symptoms are that he can't play media files which contain audio. (programs don't crash, they just refuse to recognize the files... then all audio function cuts out.)

I don't know what's actually causing the problem yet since I haven't had time to really dig into the problem, but the symptoms apparently started manifesting around the same time as his last windows update - which AU lists as being almost a year ago. It's a promising lead at least. I had him send his original install disks along with me in case I needed to do a repair or reinstall a driver/software from the disk, and he hands me a couple of generic burned DVDs with "HP Reinstall Package 1 -3" scrawled on them in red magic marker.

These were apparently the ones Geek Squad gave him when he bought the computer "new" at Best Buy.

That's the kind of crap that gives places a bad name. Sounds like a refurbished or returned or something, best case.

And yeah, that's a weird issue and almost certainly not overheating. (Considering the only component at any real risk of overheating in most towers is the GPU, and only during games...)

That sounds similar to something that happened at home a bit back, but since I never heard anything about it since, I presume my initial prescription of rebooting before you ask me to fix things worked.
    Coming Soon!

My tooth hurts so goddamn bad that I was force to ask for some of my mom's pain pills (for her recovering knee surgery) just to kill it off somewhat. How can a crack in ones tooth cause stinging and/or burning pain all over the right side of my head (including my ear), and even down my neck? I fucking hate the human anatomy sometimes.

As much as I hate it, dentist appointment incoming. Rip that fucker out, please.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    My tooth hurts so goddamn bad that I was force to ask for some of my mom's pain pills (for her recovering knee surgery) just to kill it off somewhat. How can a crack in ones tooth cause stinging and/or burning pain all over the right side of my head (including my ear), and even down my neck? I fucking hate the human anatomy sometimes.

As much as I hate it, dentist appointment incoming. Rip that fucker out, please.
    Dentists rarely wanna rip teeth out these days is what my dentist has told me.

I had an incident a few years back where I ended up breaking over half of one of my front teeth off on someone's poor head (she got a concussion and stitches, I got a busted mouth and half a tooth gone, and we both got knocked out for a few minutes.) and I was sure that they were gonna rip the tooth out. Instead, she crafted a new half-tooth in the shape of the one that was there and it's now held in by screws. Nobody'd be able to tell the difference the job is so well done.

I've also broken off the back of one of my left first molar eating ice cream that had M&Ms in it. Just threw a normal filling in there.

Unless the nerve is completely dead or something, odds are they'll patch it up, and it really does make the pain go away. Seems the nerve just being even slightly exposed may be what's causing it, but that's just a guess based on my own experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post

In my dental science class back in the day, my professor showed us a carving from centuries ago about what a lot of people believed to be the cause of toothaches: demons. It showed a cross-section of the tooth, with tiny little demons inside of it. (I think this might have actually been it!) Toothache pain is atrocious; I think the comparison to being tortured demons running amok in your dentin is an apt one.

Toothaches: giving people an awful hell of a time since the dawn of humanity.
    Last edited by Sidney; May 15, 2012 at 01:24 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soubrette View Post
    In my dental science class back in the day, my professor showed us a carving from centuries ago about what a lot of people believed to be the cause of toothaches: demons. It showed a cross-section of the tooth, with tiny little demons inside of it. (I think this might have actually been it!) Toothache pain is atrocious; I think the comparison to being tortured demons running amok in your dentin is an apt one.

Toothaches: giving people an awful hell of a time since the dawn of humanity.
    THHHAT.

Is fucking awesome.

I want this in my livingroom.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Diablo servers are down...again. At first I was like "I understand. It's a huge launch." but then I was like "Get your shit together."

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Diablo servers are down...again. At first I was like "I understand. It's a huge launch." but then I was like "Get your shit together."
    The forums are out too.

I'm curious what happened, myself. Did all of europe log in to NA during the maintenance they had?
    Coming Soon!