Page 95 of 158 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798105145 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    nvm found it. if i use a version before 331.40 do i still use those same settings?

OK, i updated inspector and drivers to latest version and using the new settings and i noticed this ingame:
    Spoiler!

is there any way to fix that?

my current settings:
    Spoiler!
    Try switching to 0x004010C5 and 4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA. Check if the issue still pops up for you. If it does, try disabling AO and checking if that fixes it. If disabling AO is the fix, I don't believe there is a workaround as that is the only AO bit that works. I personally didn't notice that issue, but it is somewhat subtle, so it's possible it never stuck out to me.

The AO bit messes up Marlu's hair so that could be it, but yea it's a pity there's no other compatible bits so i'm running without AO

Quote Originally Posted by Preposterous Rhino View Post
    Try switching to 0x004010C5 and 4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA. Check if the issue still pops up for you. If it does, try disabling AO and checking if that fixes it. If disabling AO is the fix, I don't believe there is a workaround as that is the only AO bit that works. I personally didn't notice that issue, but it is somewhat subtle, so it's possible it never stuck out to me.
    the lines are still there but its less noticable. also i dont use SweetFX btw.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Greetings, been lurking without an account around this thread readin ur stuffs and whatnot.
    So.. Hi and uh this is what I got.

SweetFX Off:
    Spoiler!

SweetFX On:
    Spoiler!

Settings:
    SMAA
    Spoiler!

LumaSharpen
    Spoiler!

Bloom
    Spoiler!

HDR
    Spoiler!

Vibrance
    Spoiler!

I also have turned off AA from RadeonPro and instead I use the game's AA since it get's too heavy on my system with SMAA on.

Anisotropic Filtering is set on x4.

Please do remember that results may vary if you use the same settings as mine as we are all having different brightness on our monitors.

I am also not using nVidia thus no nVidia inspector settings.

PS: Sometimes RadeonPro doesnt hook up, any idea why?
    Last edited by Velpa; Oct 22, 2014 at 04:23 PM.

Nvidia Just released a new driver set. The main thing with this new driver set is that it let's us use DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) in older cards. This is a new form of AA. I wonder how well it works on pso2? or if it even works at all? lol.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

That's the download link.

I'm gonna test this on my GTX 670 and see if it works on pso2

Quote Originally Posted by Squal_FFVIII View Post
    Nvidia Just released a new driver set. The main thing with this new driver set is that it let's us use DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) in older cards. This is a new form of AA. I wonder how well it works on pso2? or if it even works at all? lol.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

That's the download link.

I'm gonna test this on my GTX 670 and see if it works on pso2
    how does DSR work? does it make the game run at 1080p res from 720?
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Ohhh nice. DSR now supported on Kepler and Fermi-based GPUs. Nice, this also includes GTX 770

DSR is basically what the GeDoSaTo program does. It's a sort of downscaling system that's part of the GPU, so unlike GeDoSaTo which has to be added in the game's DLL files(and thus pretty much rejected by GameGuard), DSR probably won't be rejected.

Granted you can also do downscaling in a more manual way by creating digital resolutions on your desktop, but I'm guessing DSR might be more convenient.

I guess I'll take a look at it to see what it'll do. Though I wonder if NVIDIA Inspector is updated enough to be able to have DSR used in the system. Gonna have to check that tomorrow.

Btw, here's NVIDIA's official video on DSR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSUSYaa6C9s

The built in DSR leaves much to be desired for me. For the games that have GeDoSaTo support, it doesn't downsample the UI (well, tbh I have only tried it in Dark Souls 2) and any OSD you use will display normally. DSR is a little better than manual resolution overriding though since they have a filter, which you can adjust, that controls sharpening vs smoothing. It would work pretty well in PSO2 since the game has an adjustable UI, although I prefer SGSSAA since it works with borderless window

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

DSR works with Virtual Fullscreen mode, yay

Tried to run 2160p on 1080p monitor .... that super-tiny UI when you forgot to resize it to at least 1.25 .... a little bit laggy for me when using default in-game graphic options (no AA). Well, hardware limitations (GTX 660)

Resize this pic to your resolution, and see how tiny the UI is lol On the bright side ..... more area view.
    Spoiler!
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

It depends on the games. I don't know, I can't really noticed much difference in pso2, but Skyrim looks great with it.