Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Localization will just be wasted effort.
    Last edited by ashley50; Mar 13, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

#TheGreatTribulation

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

Why the rush to be a perpetual year and a half behind and then prematurely shut down? Didn't we learn anything from previous Phantasy Star (online) titles in the west?

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    Localization will just be wasted effort.
    I don't really think that. A lot of people want to play with a majority of people who speak their own native language. Also, I'm sure that localizing it will make the cash shop cheaper here. Point is that you and most of the people in the forum are a minority of public opinion. Forum users are generally the dedicated crowd that doesn't want much change haha.

Edit: Not trying to put words in your mouth, just giving reasons for localization.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinki View Post
    Why the rush to be a perpetual year and a half behind and then prematurely shut down? Didn't we learn anything from previous Phantasy Star (online) titles in the west?
    Sega seems to be making better decisions now.
    Example: Making PSO2 so similar to the first PSO haha.
    Last edited by Mike; Mar 14, 2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Merge

They're probably too busy with the Japanese servers and the NA server eeps getting pushed down the line. SoA said the game is still at SoJ and they haven't heard about it. So maybe the Dev team might start to work on it now that they've had a successful JP release for a year. But that still puts an announcement for it around May or later, beta testing over the summer with an announcement at E3, and actual (but still poor) service starting from August or later?

Quote Originally Posted by Preposterous Rhino View Post
    I don't really think that. A lot of people want to play with a majority of people who speak their own native language. Also, I'm sure that localizing it will make the cash shop cheaper here. Point is that you and most of the people in the forum are a minority of public opinion. Forum users are generally the dedicated crowd that doesn't want much change haha.

Edit: Not trying to put words in your mouth, just giving reasons for localization.
    Yeah...and the majority of English speakers will be here on JP lol.

Also, if you thought your thread would get a different brand against the other "where is pso2na?" threads...you were wrong.

This thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post

Also, if you thought your thread would get a different brand against the other "where is pso2na?" threads...you were wrong.

This thread again.
    It is different, and I thought it would be kinda fun. Guess not

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post

This thread again.
    majority? Really?

You must not realize how many people have no interest in playing on foreign servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Preposterous Rhino View Post

Even if the cash shop was the same price, it'd still be cheaper without the foreign transaction fee that most credit cards charge you. That's the biggest thing stopping me from spending any money on the cash shop currently, because I don't want to be charged the extra 5% I think it is on my card.

Quote Originally Posted by Poubelle View Post
    majority? Really?

You must not realize how many people have no interest in playing on foreign servers.
    You must not realize how many people have no interest in playing on the international server.