Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    Well the character creator is named like:
    PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_CHARACTERCREATOR

The Beta folder is named:
    PHANTASYSTARONLINE2

The main folders do not conflict with each others, although the documents folder is named "SEGA: PHANTASYSTARONLINE2". Installing the beta itself doesnt seem to delete it but there can be a issue when 2 folder are named the same and when the Game is trying to create a new folder. However, usualy a game does detect that there is a file already created and wont create another folder. In term is a issue, Sega screwed up big time, which is rather unlikely the case.
    Thing is, all clients use the same folder under documents. I might just be unlucky, but it certainly fully erased the folder's contents in my case.

I still have my CC files after installing the beta. So i wasnt able to experience it, however, its possible that they screwed up something else but it doesnt necessarely hit everyone, kinda like some sort of bug. In order to be secure i recommend to backup your old files on another HDD, then your stuff is backed up. Since PSO2 does not have any kind of DRM, its kind of a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    Well the character creator is named like:
    PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_CHARACTERCREATOR

The Beta folder is named:
    PHANTASYSTARONLINE2

The main folders do not conflict with each others, although the documents folder is named "SEGA: PHANTASYSTARONLINE2". Installing the beta itself doesnt seem to delete it but there can be a issue when 2 folder are named the same and when the Game is trying to create a new folder. However, usualy a game does detect that there is a file already created and wont create another folder. In term is a issue, Sega screwed up big time, which is rather unlikely the case.

@Misto: I actually think that Gamguard is one of the "light" rootkits. The kind of kit which is still in some term acceptable (thats why Kaspersky wont even send me a alarm message), else i would never have installed PSO2 beta at all. Because to much sensitive data on my (main) PC i do care about... so i wont accept any kind of risk coming from that stuff. So im aware that it isnt a truck of a rootkit but it still can be classified as one of them. Another aspect i dont enjoy is the fact that im not sure what that kit actually does to my system, i know it does protect from cheating and does not allow suspicious tasks in the background, but i dont know its detailed behaviour... its always a bit a weird feeling. I feel safe to use for a while, but in long term i rather enjoy to use a different PC for.. then i can consider my main system fully clean to use for any data other than games.

Spoiler!
    I definitely understand and can appreciate where you are coming from but I still don't believe it falls under that category. It doesn't really hide itself (no hidden services, no hidden processes) from the system at all. It is fully identifiable in all respects to its digital signature. Rootkits generally require kernel access (which gives them root/superuser privileges) which, from what I can tell, GameGuard doesn't appear to have. SecuRom is an example of a rootkit where it that meets the definition of an actual rootkit. Honestly though, you really don't know what any specific executable is doing unless you're inspecting the threads it is running directly or in a debugger, so with that paranoia, you shouldn't be running any games on a computer that has sensitive data at all.
    Last edited by Misto; Apr 18, 2012 at 02:37 PM.

So...can you config a controller for PSO2 atm or do you have to wait until the beta is up...
    I'd like to have everything set for later.

Trying to keep everything to lowest setting (since my laptop older)
    Don't recall seeing a thread mentioning what the new setting meant in the actual game's settings
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89