Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I Dream Of Sleep

http://www.sonichq.org/news/

From SwirlVision

SAN FRANCISCO - (November 12, 2002) - SEGA(R) of America, Inc. today announced the release of "Sonic Mega Collection(TM)" for the Nintendo GameCube(TM). "Sonic Mega Collection" is a "must have" for long time fanatics and newcomers to the series alike, featuring seven classic Sonic The Hedgehog(R) games from the SEGA Genesis(R), five additional unlockable games and a Sonic museum filled with art, comics and more.

"Sonic Mega Collection" includes seven of the most-loved Sonic games of all time, including: "Sonic The Hedgehog(R)," "Sonic The Hedgehog(R) 2," "Sonic The Hedgehog(R) 3," "Sonic & Knuckles(TM)," "Sonic 3D Blast(TM)," "Sonic The Hedgehog(R) Spinball (TM)" and "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine."

"A new generation of fans have recently discovered what us older gamers have know forever - that Sonic rules!" said Mike Fischer, vice president of entertainment marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. "Now old-school gamers like me can relive some of the most influential games of all time, and new fans of the series can experience all the classic games that made Sonic a superstar!"

Loaded with hyper-speed ring collecting fun, "Sonic Mega Collection" features SEGA's mascot and all his friends in some of their greatest adventures ever. The game also includes a collection of comic, concept and cover art and many more surprises.

"Sonic Mega Collection" is rated "E" for Everyone and is available at retailers nationwide for an MSRP of $39.95.

5 unlockable games? Will they be full versions of classic games or just small mini games? Maybe well be able to unlock Sonic Cd, which sadly they missed out. Whatever it is, im so buying this when it come sout on PAL.

The best part is that you can play as Knuckles in Sonic 1, 2, and 3. This is going to be a good Christmas present!
    Mr. Sassy Baskets
    Level 25 Newman Ranger/Guntecher
    Mrs. Butter Stacks
    Level 30 Cast Fortefighter

lets hope for a pal-release together then
    (but i really doubt it... -_-
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Geez.. sounds like it could blow the Saturn Sonic Jam away.. wonder what the other 5 games are..

Knuckles Chaotix?

*gasp*
    Sonic CD?!

On 2002-11-13 17:02, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:
    Geez.. sounds like it could blow the Saturn Sonic Jam away.. wonder what the other 5 games are..

[/b]Knuckles Chaotix?[/b]

*gasp*
    Sonic CD?!
    I pray to GOD it is....I had so much fun beating that game.

Careless, ignorant, and insensitive

Oh poo, I'm gonna be so broke after christmas. --;*sigh* *adds the collection to his list*

Where the hell am I going to get the time to play all these games?
    Mr. Sassy Baskets
    Level 25 Newman Ranger/Guntecher
    Mrs. Butter Stacks
    Level 30 Cast Fortefighter

PSOW\'s only jeen-yus
    Wretched sweltering cesspool on the US's east coast

You know, I love Sonic. I really, really do (well, 2D Sonic anyway). But I'm not jumping for joy over Sonic Mega Collection. It's Sonic Jam plus three crappy games (okay, Sonic Spinball wasn't bad, but it wasn't uber-spectacular either). I'm not going to hold my breath for anything special with the unlockable mini games either. I'm sure Yuji Naka said that they didn't have enough space on the disk for Sonic CD (I'm guessing that no Sonic CD means no Chaotix ).

Instead, I'll patiently wait for Sonic Advance 2 on my beloved Game Boy Advance. Classic Sonic Speed!!

I'm glad my Genesis and Saturn still work (almost) perfectly. I'm running low on cash as is, I don't need to re-buy some classics just yet.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I Dream Of Sleep

*sigh* the unlockable games have been announced:

1. Knuckles in Sonic 2
    2. Knuckles in Sonic 3
    3. Blue Spear (Sonic and Knuckles locked on with Sonic 1)
    4. Flicky
    5. Ristar.

I think Sonic Team are being a bit lazy latly. Those first 3 should have been playable from the start, and why Ristar? Whats that got to do with Sonic?

For a review of the extras, check this site out:

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/sonic...ion/index.html

Ill still be buying this game. Ive bought every single sonic game thats come out, so why stop now?