Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Picking a class

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Techer/Braver? Is that really such a good combo?

The problem with being a jack of all trades is that you end up a master of none. Pick what you want to do and focus on it.

Bouncer is a very fun class to play, and while it focuses on S-Atk it can also cast spells, so there's that.

Most classes are good in PSO2, but some require more effort than others. Techer and Fighter in particular I advise against, if you're a new player.

Hunter makes a really good subclass for most melee and a lot of others, too.
    o_O How is maximizing Wand damage a jack of all trades? No other subclass has a 1.5 x 1.35 x 1.1 = 2.2275x multiplier to wand damage with Attack Advance, Weak Stance and Weak Stance Up

Quote Originally Posted by rinsha View Post
    True a jack of all trades master of none has that obvious downside...
    tbh I don't mind that too much though

Ah ok maybe I wont go for Techer right now then (though I am really curious about it)

sounds like Hunter might be a go to subclass when I get that far thankies for the input

After trying out a few weapons the one I like the most is gunslash but I don't know which class would make the best use of it
    Try hunter with it!

After trying out a few weapons the one I like the most is gunslash but I don't know which class would make the best use of it
    If you like the shooting Photon Arts that Gunslash has (Addition Bullet, Aiming Shot, Thrillsplode) you should go RA/HU. If you like the striking Photon Arts that Gunslash has (Slash Rave, Tri-Impact, etc) you can go some combination of FI and BR always with HU. If you like both, you'd probably have to go with the same combination of classes as if you were going with striking, FI and BR always with HU. Your shooting damage would be weaker this way, but the skills for striking boost both shooting and striking damage whereas the skills for shooting only boost shooting damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    o_O How is maximizing Wand damage a jack of all trades? No other subclass has a 1.5 x 1.35 x 1.1 = 2.2275x multiplier to wand damage with Attack Advance, Weak Stance and Weak Stance Up
    Not to mention that Weak Stance is pretty good at boosting matching tech element, already part of TE style, making tech much more usefull as TEBR (or TEFI) for long range atk. And for mobbing, with enough mob, one will not see much damage lose on wand strike when the stacked wand gear explosion more than make up for it.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

So there is nothing wrong with Techer subbing Braver? (I kinda liked this idea to begin with but as someone also mentioned it might be a bit harder for newer people like myself)

This really is a lot to take in...

So at the moment I'm torn between the idea of Techer (possibly subbing braver) and Braver(?) using gunslash for both range and melee (most likely subbing hunter)

From what I understand Techer has some sort of heal as well as explosions which sounds really nice (keeps me alive and explode stuff).
    On the other hand gunslash can switch between ranged and melee simply by pressing one button which I also like (plus I like the idea of the weapon).

Since I can have two characters I was gonna try both for a little while so anyone got any advice for builds?

Actually, the best advice to be given is look at what each class is supposed to do, try those you feel will match you (or try them all). Hell, you could always make a throw away character to try all class and mess a little with their skill tree (at least go for the essantial stuff, like Charge PP revival for FO making it a FO). Just hold off investing in your mag (unless you're doing the throw away character deal) until you know what style you will be settling in as a freemium.

For wand smacker TEBR, it work well enough as is. Until VH, you can make do with crafted weapons easily and cheaply. So it's easy that way to have a weapon for each element weakness in the game to make use of TE's Element Weak Hit and BR's Weak Stance for wand gear explosion and tech damage*.

*Weak Stance normally boost damage if hitting a weakpoint, but a matching elemental tech/wand explosion also apply.

Actually second advice might be for me (us) to avoid burying you in the technical stuff unless asked to.
    Ship 2
    Chareen, FOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    Actually, the best advice to be given is look at what each class is supposed to do, try those you feel will match you (or try them all). Hell, you could always make a throw away character to try all class and mess a little with their skill tree (at least go for the essantial stuff, like Charge PP revival for FO making it a FO). Just hold off investing in your mag (unless you're doing the throw away character deal) until you know what style you will be settling in as a freemium.

For wand smacker TEBR, it work well enough as is. Until VH, you can make do with crafted weapons easily and cheaply. So it's easy that way to have a weapon for each element weakness in the game to make use of TE's Element Weak Hit and BR's Weak Stance for wand gear explosion and tech damage*.

*Weak Stance normally boost damage if hitting a weakpoint, but a matching elemental tech/wand explosion also apply.

Actually second advice might be for me (us) to avoid burying you in the technical stuff unless asked to.
    Haha ye... I think I'm still too early for the technical stuff as I still haven't played more than an hour as I'm scared to mess it up...

I've made a character that I plan to experiment with (apparently I can make two for free) but from reading what you said in the long run it sounds like its gonna be expensive or very time consuming...
    Maybe I should look for an easier to maintain class as I have uni and work to think about aswell which leaves me little time to play (maybe an hour or three a day aside from weekends)

Just hoping to fully grasp what I want to do before Saturday cos that's when I will get some serious time to play lolz

Haha ye... I think I'm still too early for the technical stuff as I still haven't played more than an hour as I'm scared to mess it up...

I've made a character that I plan to experiment with (apparently I can make two for free) but from reading what you said in the long run it sounds like its gonna be expensive or very time consuming...
    Maybe I should look for an easier to maintain class as I have uni and work to think about aswell which leaves me little time to play (maybe an hour or three a day aside from weekends)

Just hoping to fully grasp what I want to do before Saturday cos that's when I will get some serious time to play lolz
    Braver is a pretty straight-forward class if you ask me, the skill tree isn't too difficult either. Also, if you lvl up Braver up to 30 you get access to the quests to unlock every locked classes (like fighter).

The only thing you can permanently mess up and require spending cash (called AC in this game) is the mag (little floaty stuff that give stat booster, which help equip stuff and hit harder). You can buy more with AC, but only 1 free by character if freemium and they are bound to it.

You can get a taste of each class at lower level. The only problem is not having access to all Photon Art and Technic for full preview (other than looking up video to see what each does).
    Ship 2
    Chareen, FOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Searaphim View Post
    Braver is a pretty straight-forward class if you ask me, the skill tree isn't too difficult either. Also, if you lvl up Braver up to 30 you get access to the quests to unlock every locked classes (like fighter).
    Braver was what I was considering if I focused on using gunslash (though I will look closer at skills first)
    You mean the classes that aren't on the character creation? Does it put them on the character creation?
    I was sure I could switch at the class counter someone mentioned earlier. As I switched between Braver and Techer and another class last night after someone told me I could.... (Techer isn't on the character creation)
    If it puts them on the character creation then I might just level a braver to 30 anyways lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    The only thing you can permanently mess up and require spending cash (called AC in this game) is the mag (little floaty stuff that give stat booster, which help equip stuff and hit harder). You can buy more with AC, but only 1 free by character if freemium and they are bound to it.

You can get a taste of each class at lower level. The only problem is not having access to all Photon Art and Technic for full preview (other than looking up video to see what each does).
    Umm I've seen it said twice now and not sure if my guess is accurate now so I'm gonna ask:
    What do you mean by freemium?
    (I might sound noob but if I don't ask I wont learn)

I think I'm way to early in the game to understand the "mag" and stuff though I'd really like to learn I'm more concerned by the basics atm...

What if I mess up the skill tree thing? Can I reset that for free?

Yeah I could bring up the videos for class gameplay but I feel there's a huge difference between seeing a class in action and actually using the class if that makes sense?