Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast

Default What do you want EP6 to get right?

> Planning: Nearly every issue within this game can be broken down to lack of planning, like the fact that EP5 suffered from lots of cut content and an awkward update pacing due to class balancing, compared to the previous episodes. Should they have gotten it right before release (don't they have any play testers?), maybe there wouldn't be any cut content at all.

> Free Fields and ARKS Quests: Almost all Free Field Quests and ARKS Quests feel dull and need some revamping IMO. As a veteran player, i know every pattern their maps have to offer and the enemy AI (which i'll talk about in a moment) is really stupid as they usually follow the same old patterns and pose no threats to the player, not to mention there's no real level design whatsoever (like those pillars in Skyscape in which you could hit with a lightning technique, but the damage dealt by it is laughable). Most of the ARKS Quests are fine IMO, but i think they started running out of ideas for them back in EP3.

> Enemies: Old enemies and mobs need some revamping as well and they're not catching up to the fact everyone's really strong atm and kill almost anything in their sight like flies. I love their Ult counterparts, maybe they could tweak their AI and moves a little bit so that they could be more challenging like those.

> Status Effects: Why do we even have Anti? Aside from the status that caps your HP, i don't really mind about most of status effects as they don't deal much damage over time and usually are a nuisance at best (like confusion and shock). Maybe they could make it deeper and create something like Xenoblade 2's SE system, which would allow for SE merging and more deadly combinations, which could open a whole new level of strategy for magic classes and Ranger's Grenade Launcher.

> Races: They could make races more distinct aside from cosmetics... Maybe race-exclusive skills like the ones we had in PSU/PSoP?

> Story: Although we have exceptions, PSO2's story feels bland at best. I will admit the fact they killed Matterbored and evolved animation-wise made things a lot better, but i still think they could stop overusing shounen tropes so much.

I want a battle royale mode.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> Ignoring the part about planning, because there are threads and all about this already.

> Free Fields and ARKS Quests are not honestly catered to the veteran players, who should have at least 75'd both their main and subclass by now, and should be focusing on Extreme Quests, LQs, Ultimate Quests ,EQs, Endless and etc for 13* and 14* drops and exp gain. The ones that actually plays the aforementioned Free Fields and ARKS Quests are gathering materials for crafts, the newbies, for photo-taking purposes and for daily orders.

> SEGA already have plans to release a higher difficulty, this point is mote, and your 'everyone's really strong atm' does not caters to the new players who will undoubtedly be struggling, and those who are power-leveling new characters or alternates.

> As you said you don't mind the status effects, but that does not mean that everyone on the playerbase don't. Shock and confusion is irritating, and will undoubtedly lowers one dps if no one 'anti'ed it to make it better. Your opinions is not the opinions of everyone in the player base. If you don't like Anti, don't use it, no one is forcing you to use and/or craft it. Just ignore it.

> That will destroy the lore in PSO2, in PSO2, the lore is that 'technology have improved by leaps and bounds and now races are just aesthetics differences'.

> PSO2 is created for JP-players, and the general opinion of said players are overwhelming support, your 'wishes' is not important to them, and I will also like to remind you that playing PSO2 outside of JP is a bannable offense even if the PSO2 Team doesn't care much. Also, the story of PSO2 is treated favourably so far, EP 1 (for most, is a chore), EP 2 and EP 3 is liked by many players, both in and outside of Japan, for EP 4, JP players generally likes it, and it is mostly the foreign playerbase that is complaining about that anyway. EP 5, other than the brief 'isekai no eiyuu' that made people pissed, is overall, looked upon favourably.

Basically, its just another post about 'how I want things to be better', and a thread about topics that have been dissected heavily on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrius Véurr View Post
    > SEGA already have plans to release a higher difficulty, this point is mote, and your 'everyone's really strong atm' does not caters to the new players who will undoubtedly be struggling, and those who are power-leveling new characters or alternates.
    That's true, but i hope they make the AI better as well. When SH came out, nearly next to nothing changed aside from the damage enemies dealt and the new kind of corruption.

> As you said you don't mind the status effects, but that does not mean that everyone on the playerbase don't. Shock and confusion is irritating, and will undoubtedly lowers one dps if no one 'anti'ed it to make it better. Your opinions is not the opinions of everyone in the player base. If you don't like Anti, don't use it, no one is forcing you to use and/or craft it. Just ignore it.
    That's still no excuse not to make them better, you know. They could improve the damage dealt by the flame one, for instance, and maybe that would make it more attractive for people to use to their advantage instead of a puny ~200 damage.

> That will destroy the lore in PSO2, in PSO2, the lore is that 'technology have improved by leaps and bounds and now races are just aesthetics differences'.
    ... How exactly would that destroy anything? Also, where does that supposed lore come from? I think it would make choosing a race more interesting and yet not decisive, if properly balanced.

> PSO2 is created for JP-players, and the general opinion of said players are overwhelming support, your 'wishes' is not important to them, and I will also like to remind you that playing PSO2 outside of JP is a bannable offense even if the PSO2 Team doesn't care much. Also, the story of PSO2 is treated favourably so far, EP 1 (for most, is a chore), EP 2 and EP 3 is liked by many players, both in and outside of Japan, for EP 4, JP players generally likes it, and it is mostly the foreign playerbase that is complaining about that anyway. EP 5, other than the brief 'isekai no eiyuu' that made people pissed, is overall, looked upon favourably.

Basically, its just another post about 'how I want things to be better', and a thread about topics that have been dissected heavily on this forum.
    Keep in mind these are just my thoughts and you do not need to be toxic about it, it's just a post.
    Last edited by rokkuman; Oct 26, 2018 at 11:31 AM.

Make it dark and gritty as possible while maintain the Sci-Fi theme. Had enough with medival fantasy shit.

As for the game, I'd like to have...
    -Open World
    -Return to Ragol. Nostalgia wins.
    -Git rid of Dark Blast. Such a pain to see my cool lady turning into a gorilla.
    -A Monk type class. Knuckles, Jet Boots and Partisan with altered action would be good.
    -Free-for-all vending, for a limited number(like you can sell at most 3 items with no premium).
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

EP 5, other than the brief 'isekai no eiyuu' that made people pissed, is overall, looked upon favourably.
    Never heard 'isekai no eiyuu' being complained issue. Early chapters was a bore and story segregation problem with PC seem to be the only ARKS doing everything in Omega storywise doesnt feel right but i guess thats it.
    test

Just a new class. As for class, I hope it'd be mid to long range TD, JB, and Partisan. Like for example, throw a spear and immediately throw off a close-range combo as a follow up from afar, like Hero's talis action but as a PA with follow up combo. Throwable/manipulated daggers looks fun too. Call that class an Esper.

Please not a primary melee main class again.
    Spoiler!

Sweet, I love these types of discussions. It lets me unleash my inner armchair developer.

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuman View Post
    > Free Fields and ARKS Quests:
    I would suggest the removal of ARKS Quests, and their replacement/incorporation in Free Fields by special Emergency Codes. There is no reason to have people who do Subdue Fangulf and Subdue Za Oodan in different instances (assuming the 12player limit hasn't been reached). You can have both mpas spawn in the same map, and have each one complete their objective when the relevant EC appears. This could allow the implementation of "new" daily objectives as well, for example "Daily Capture Dark Ragne".

> Enemies
    This is a doubled-edged sword, and the problem that exists isn't an enemy-AI issue, but a player powercreep issue. In my opinion it's not enemies who should have their AI improved, it's players who should have their powers reduced. Note that I am not saying "reduce player damage". I am saying "reduce damage avoidance capabilities", "reduce PP regeneration", "reduce Healing potential", and such. And this doesn't have to come through nerfs; in fact it can be achieved through buffs: Increase player HP from say 1500 to 6000 without increasing healing from -mates, Resta, lifesteals etc. Suddenly healing is 75% less effective than before. Create enemy abilities that are locked on player and hit regardless if player dodges or not. Increase PP from 200 to 1000 without increasing PP recovery options and while also creating lvl18. and above PA/Tech disks that deal more damage but have higher PP cost. PP will then become a factor that the player will have to manage.

> Status Effects:
    Status effects are again in a weird situation. You have Mirage, Poison, Burn, Jellen and Weak Bullter which you don't care about. You have Panic and Shock which are an annoyance as you say. and then you have Daze and Freeze which make you hate the game because if you don't get out quickly, you will most likely get hit by something that kills you.
    If you don't care about a status effect, why have it at all?
    If a status effect is debilitating, player should have options to recover from it, even if it's limited (10 Sol Atomizers).
    How I'd design SE: (1) They can stack (so you can have both Burn and Poison, which I think is impossible currently?). (2) Their duration is extended to make them a threat and to increase the viability of Sol, Anti and generally the need for a party. (3) Additional effects (for example Shock also reduces movement speed, Poison reduces all healing received, Burn makes the character run like a chicken like in cartoons etc. (4) New SEs, both positive and negative: Movement slowdown, PA/Tech lock, Element lock, Element absorption (getting hit by an element heals you), Visibility reduction (you can only see and target enemies within a small range like when those Kuronites spawn) etc.

Anti is great, but I think Sega missed the opportunity to give "depth" to it because of their focus on the "just run and kill stuff" instead of "have the player make decisions". For one, Lv1 Anti is the absolutely exact same tech as Lv17 Anti. No difference. Now imagine if Anti did not entirely remove negative effects, but instead reduced their remaining duration, with higher level reducing by more. And then you could make Super Treatment act as a true cleansing buff of a support class instead of a PP battery thing (and give this PP battery effect somewhere else in TE's tree). Because as it is right now, you want the player with Super Treatment to cleanse you because they can indirectly buff your performance; no one else. And this, in my opinion, makes no sense and it's bad design.

> Story:
    The story needs to become less of a teenage drama that makes Brazilian and Indian soap operas look like they should receive Oscar awards, and more of a sci-fi story with aliens, mechas, and malevolent demigods. Which it already has, but I think is not using "enough". Personal opinion always[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is that things outside of game development take too much out of dev team. Ep 1 had a big no content period due to Vita port, Ep2 they had to get people out out of other teams to get balancing and update schedule right with plenty of updates merging worldbuilding and gameplay, Ep3 saw the end of the premade content, with them throwing in even scrapped content like Bouncer. Personally, I consider Challenger lobby and TD3 updates the best period of the game.
    Then EP4 happened, due to Sega trying to do the stage play, anime, ps4 port and all kinds of other things like gathering, cosmetics, star gems, better graphics,. They are nice QoL things, but they can't replace either story, or gameplay, or put a dent into the powercreep that was supposed to entice the new players and keep the old ones. Personally, Tokyo TA is one of my favorite missions, but that's silver lining.
    Ep5 has the nintendo switch and tries to do a better job with its story, but gameplay so far is pretty lacking. I mean, the dragon and castle ems are nice and I heard good things about battle arena, but I don't think they carry the game.

I hope that in Ep6, they'll make the old missions more interesting, by adding new Code: type of events, or make smaller ems that you queue in for free. Personally, I hope for customizable AIS.
    Last edited by Kilich; Oct 26, 2018 at 03:02 AM.