View Poll Results: Like the other topic, let's vote for the most under rated game in your opinion. An under rated game

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Earthbound

2 16.67%
  • Dragon Warrior series

1 8.33%
  • Harvest Moon SNES

0 0%
  • Phantasy Star III

0 0%
  • Other (Post it)

9 75.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Like the other topic, let's vote for the most under rated game in your opinion. An under rated game is a game that was great but was not noticed by many people. Here's a list of some underrated games.

Again, dont flame people for their opinions

A game that I have both the original and the sequel of is Carnivores for the PC. This is a old game, and has somewhat basic graphics, which were good for its time though considering the cost of the game...( I think it came out in 1998?). I'm not sure what the appeal of the game was. the story line was a spaceship from earth discovers this planets where dinosaurs still live on it, and then you go and hunt them with various weapons and in many differant areas. You also could choose to wear coverscent, camo, and bring a radar, etc. The less you brought and equipped, the less points you got deducted from your original quarry's amount. This was one of those games that was just a blast to play in a dark room with no map or anything, because you would have no idea where the dinosaur you were hunting/ hunting you was. The music didn't have any music during the hunt I can recall, but had a lot of natural noises, which added to the effect. The original you had to rely on your skills alone, but in the sequel Carnivors 2, they gave you the option of double ammo, which gave you a really unfair advantage. The option of hunting at night was great though, and it was fun to hunt the new dinosaurs because the A.I. was a little more advanced. (a dinosaur can't be all the smart I guess, but I died a hell of a lot, so i know they weren't too stupid.)
    This may not be the MOST under rated game ever, but I think it is one of them.

Ogre Battle 64

Shadow Hearts
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

The Word Butcher

Command & Conquer Generals

On 2004-07-09 11:05, Bradicus wrote:
    Ogre Battle 64
    Kudos to you. I thought that was way underrated.

vagrant story on psx...never EVER heard ANYONE talk about it while it got such great reviews

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Wild9. Probably my favorite platromer of all time. I mean who doesn't liek torchering thier enemies.

Dude... you do realize that the games in your poll are all quite popular and have huge fanbases? I'd hardly say they're underrated.

I'll be the first to mention ICO, as that game was excellent, and very few people got the chance to enjoy it.

Beyond Good and Evil.......

I thought about getting it at first but waited till I read some reviews.

When I finally did buy a copy, I had so much freakin fun it was unbelievable.

A truely amazing sleeper title.