Default Hello PSO-World! Introduction and questions about the series!

Hello everyone! Let me give you a little synopsis of my history with Phantasy Star.
    I started with PSP2, and immediately fell in love. It's definitely one of the best games I've ever played. However, I wasn't satisfied with my knowledge on Phantasy Star. When I like something, I tend to want to know EVERYTHING about it.

This lead me to start the infamous PSO. I got up to the epic dragon fight, and loved every minute of its nostalgic gameplay, however I quit due to having nobody to play with after that.

Years go by, and I now find myself wanting to experience this series in full.

I got PSP2i, and I'm super excited to start it. I've played Japanese games before (grr, Tales) so I'm not concerned about that. However...

I decided instead to play through every other Phantasy Star game first, to truly understand and respect the series.

In this past week, I finished Phantasy Star I, II, III, and am currently halfway through IV. I also started playing PSO again, and am coincidentally at the dragon fight yet again. (Yet again alone as well.)

I can't describe my joy at understanding the series more and more. It's a gift that keeps on giving, and I know I'm going to make it through PSP2i with 10x the amount of satisfaction at seeing all of the references I wouldn't have gotten if I hadn't played the other games.

This lead me to come here, as now I'm brimming with questions. Questions that, as I have seen thus far, are hard answered.

If I were to ask about the connections between all of the games and their sub-series, where would it be best asked? Is there a general story section?

Speaking of the series, I wanted to know if I was correct in my assumption...
    From what I can tell, Phantasy Star is split into 3 distinct series.
    -The original 4 games, chronicling the Algol system,
    -PSO, with Coral and Ragol, including PSO2 and possibly PS0 (zero)?
    -Lastly, PSU and the Gurhal system, including PSP1 and 2 (and Infinity)

I'm really excited to learn more and more about this series! I'll finish Phantasy Star IV soon, and see if I can get a little farther in PSO.

Anyway, that's enough of a post for now. I'm happy to join PSO-World as a budding fan of Phantasy Star! Nice to meet all of you!
    "Rolf calls Nei's name once again. But his plaintive cry merely echoes and re-echoes."

Well first and formaly lets start out with a hi welcome to pso world. I wish i could answer some of ur qs but sadly i didnt start till pso. I did however play my way up from there. As how the storys tie in i myself would have to look into that as well. Respectably tho im sure u will find ur answer in the pso section of the fourms or even the classics should have what your looking for. Ur free to ask me as well i may not know it all but i do know my pso again welcome to psow. Maybe we can b friends XD
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Thank you! Of course we can be friends! That's why I came here!

I'll start scouring the PSO and Classics forum and find out all the information I can! I'm still finishing up PSIV, so that may give me some answers. I also have no way to play PSU, so I've resolved myself to watching a playthrough on YouTube. That may provide some information as well, although I have heard that PSP2i supplies new connections to the other series.
    "Rolf calls Nei's name once again. But his plaintive cry merely echoes and re-echoes."

That would b correct tho dont spoil psp2i for me lol iv yet to play it and i have been watching vids for it. Psu plays a huge part in psp but im sure u know that. Lol
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Yahoo! I beat Phantasy Star IV! I'm starting to see some small connections between III, IV, and PSO...

But for now I have to watch through PSU first. Once I'm done, I'll be somewhere around these forums talking about stuff!

You're commendable for try to learn about the PS. Don't push too hard & burn yourself out from playing too much. Save some fire for PSO2. ;]
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Haha! I can take a break and just watch YouTube videos for a little while. Unfortunately I don't have a computer decent enough to run PSO2 (yet), so until I save up enough money PSO2 is a VERY distant dream for me. PSP2i however, is not. I'm going to be so happy when I can put up posters of Nei and Alys in my room and actually get all the references!

That'll keep me going until I can finally evolve from my 2001 desktop and broken laptops.