Unhappy Error 249 -- After first log-in.

Okay so! Hello everyone, first post here; pity it has to be tech support, but straight to the point. I use the Tweaker, downloaded and installed the game, patches through there, etc. The first time I run the game, everything works just fine, I can log in, play, ship statuses are all good. The next time I log in however, the ship statuses will show as unknown, and I'll receive error 249. I know that's the 'can't connect' error or something of that sort. I've run all of the troubleshooting options on tweaker, but nothing seems to help aside from re-installation? Even then, I'll still suffer the same issue. I've yet to get a wireless adapter for my PC, and instead use a cable so I'll receive internet from my laptop. However, I don't think the cable is an issue, as it would let me log in the first time I run the game.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I am thinking about reinstalling my OS, because it did have a corrupted system file which I managed to repair on Friday. But perhaps just doing a clean wipe would do me better? I'd like to have some help before doing something really drastic.
    Last edited by flouxish; Apr 19, 2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Might've figured something out.

Default hi

did you ever get this fixed? if so would you tell me what you did? im having error 249 issue too, and i just dont know what to do...ty