Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Names

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Wut up Googlebonker!

Made-up names or portmanteau's are great and I salute you all for taking the time to develop a character!

I for one get annoyed at the many names that are simply symbols smiley faces, question marks or a lone period.

But there is a different class of us out there that draws our names from; a childhood memory, be that a video game, favorite cartoon, toy, or favorite pet. And in turn we get a deeper personal conection to our role play experience.

I know all the Sephiroths, Clouds and Captain Falcons get annoying at times but remember, they are just people paying respect to their past love.

And if you're completely neutral on this topic you're character name is probably "Zero".
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

My very first character's name on pso on the dreamcast was Mad Dogg....a greenhill humar. My friends always asked me how the hell I came up with that name, and to this day I have no answer whatsoever lol. My family didn't get a PC until late 2000, so I didn't even have a e-mail address or anything like that until a day before PSO came out. I just came up with something on the spot for my e-mail, and the weird thing is that I wasn't even crazy about western movies and such.....so I just randomly thought of the name mad dogg, and stuck with it all these years.
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

My character is Storm Shadow, (obviously stolen from G.I. Joe) SS was my favorite G.I. Joe in my collection. The HUmar was my first choice to create him in PSO but, I wasn't fond of the play style or the look of the HUmar. I saw the RAmar as a futuristic space version of SS and once I realized how fun it was to solo with RAmars it became a natural fit.

I haven't looked back 10 years later I'm still carrying that name and I went so far as to create the Arashikage Ninja Clan for PSU (PC/PS2 R.I.P.) and I will carrying that Clan into the new PSO2. And my friends deserve a lot of credit for keeping that going as well.

Spoiler!
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

I, sadly, have already thought up original names for my new characters in PSO 2. I have four so far that loosely correspond to the four classical elements, but I'm not gonna tell you which is which.

- Brandon "Brand" Collins, the successor to my HUmar, Colin Greye.
    - "Razor," the new version of my FOmar, "Gregg."
    - Chalis Randall, comparable to my RAmarl, Chime Ashland.
    - For my cast, either Spade or Heart. Depending on gender. Will probably be similar to my HUcast Titan, or "Ty."

I really only have two names I use frequently.

Siyamak (a Persian name from a baby book)
    Rickilee (just the French female version of Rick)

There really isn't much at all behind the name Siyamak beyond what I just said. I was looking through a baby book for names and just liked that one. Outside of pso-w most people know me mainly by that handle. The book claimed it just meant "dark eyes."

Rickilee actually has a personal thing behind it. I like tomboys, plain and simple. I'm not one for shy, bashful, girly girl, type gals. I prefer any and all people just be straight forward and spit out whatever they're trying to say. I also don't like meekness. So as such I like tomboys, so naturally I'd choose a more masculine female name.

In my PSU playing I've always chosen a Latin based name.

My favorite character was Caeruleus, who was a male beast that had the blue photon blast. Which was perfect because in Latin Caeruleum is the word for "Light Blue" or just "Blue"

My other characters were Dr. Device who was a RAcast. This is barrowed from a book I read by Orson Scott Card. And another was my Force Newman in PSP2 named Landon. I just like the name.

Likely use PepperCat for my HuCaseal main, although I might change it to PepperCast depending on how the new section id's work. (PepperCat was purplenum if I recall.)

For my RaCaseal, I'd use my old Metabee all the way back from PSO: DC, or I might change it to Metal-Bee or something similar (Metabee was greenill, good for rifles.)

If I decide to make another hunter but male this time around, I'll name him Vellos.

When I make a force, I'll think of a name then.
    Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

When PSO-2 is released, I will attempt to recreate my characters.

I did come to know many people in PSU and PSO and regardless their opinion of me and my own attitudes and trials, I did come to like my characters a lot. Developing them was fun even though it was heavily repetitive.

I am planning on roleplaying the personalities as their fourth stages in experiments and going with the character names I used between PSU and PSO...Once again with Keilyn as my main character. ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

I'll do what I've done since RF Online: take the name of a bird, swap one consonant for any another [usually random], then rearrange the letters. Finally, Google it to make sure it doesn't mean anything stupid or nasty in another language.
    Tax the fucking churches.

Hmmm, when I first played PSO many years ago on the Dreamcast I had a Ramar called AzureK Nute (I was into Soul Calibur "Azure Knight" and Appleseed "Deunan Nute" at the time).

I went with "Azure Knight" for the xbox version of PSO though.

For PSU I had two characters "Azure Knight" (Cast) and "Fathom" (Human Female). Figure I'll probably go with those names, but maybe give both characters a remixed look.
    Behold !! The Azure Dream !!!