Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori View Post
    Hows it going with this?
    Just as slow as one would expect, I wouldn't get your hopes up to be honest as they haven't reached the complicated stages where others have ran into a brick wall.

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Just as slow as one would expect, I wouldn't get your hopes up to be honest as they haven't reached the complicated stages where others have ran into a brick wall.
    I wouldn't exactly say that. When you only have 5-6 people working on the project it tends to take some time. The team is currently focusing on things that were never really worked on the EGS. To be honest. the progress is going better than most think. Missions are currently being worked on as well as enemy/player stats, and damage calculations.(enemy/player stats, PA adjustments, and damage calculations are something I'm personally working on)

People constantly ask to help, yet never follow through with helping if they are given something to do. I've actually started up a portion of my part of the project that I could use help with, yet nobody seems interested. People seems eager to "test" the server, yet if you give them actual stuff they can help with they turn away. For example, my project thread on the private server forums has over 300 views, yet nobody has offered to help even though I clearly say "if anyone would like to help, let me know." Maybe I would have better luck with that here on PSO-world?

Anyway, if anyone here would actually like to help me with my part of the project send me a PM. I can give you instructions on what I could use help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Midori Oku View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say that. When you only have 5-6 people working on the project it tends to take some time. The team is currently focusing on things that were never really worked on the EGS. To be honest. the progress is going better than most think. Missions are currently being worked on as well as enemy/player stats, and damage calculations.(enemy/player stats, PA adjustments, and damage calculations are something I'm personally working on)

People constantly ask to help, yet never follow through with helping if they are given something to do. I've actually started up a portion of my part of the project that I could use help with, yet nobody seems interested. People seems eager to "test" the server, yet if you give them actual stuff they can help with they turn away. For example, my project thread on the private server forums has over 300 views, yet nobody has offered to help even though I clearly say "if anyone would like to help, let me know." Maybe I would have better luck with that here on PSO-world?

Anyway, if anyone here would actually like to help me with my part of the project send me a PM. I can give you instructions on what I could use help with.
    That is the whole point the major issues that stopped the egs server are not even in the sights of the team yet, sooo as I said before I would not get my hopes up for it being finished any time soon or at all.

That is the whole point the major issues that stopped the egs server are not even in the sights of the team yet, sooo as I said before I would not get my hopes up for it being finished any time soon or at all.
    Trust me, the team has access to everything the EGS had, and talks with members of the EGS team. Even Agrajag, the main person working on the offline mod project helps. I'm in the IRC with Adam, Tony, Agrajag, Mikuru and others everyday. I can assure you the team is working on it 110%. Some members of the team will even spend 24+ hours at a time working on it.

I can understand why you as well as others feel like you do, but try and have a little bit of faith in the team. I can however, say that I was on the same boat when I first heard about it, and before I joined the team. You are correct though, it will not be finished soon. We will work on it to the best of our ability. However, the more people we can get to help out the better. We will need people to test in the future, but for now we could use people that can have extensive knowledge of the game itself, or have other skills that would be vital for the team.
    Last edited by Midori Oku; Sep 8, 2014 at 01:31 AM.

Trust me, the team has access to everything the EGS had, and talks with members of the EGS team. Even Agrajag, the main person working on the offline mod project helps. I'm in the IRC with Adam, Tony, Agrajag, Mikuru and others everyday. I can assure you the team is working on it 110%. Some members of the team will even spend 24+ hours at a time working on it.

I can understand why you as well as others feel like you do, but try and have a little bit of faith in the team. I can however, say that I was on the same boat when I first heard about it, and before I joined the team. You are correct though, it will not be finished soon. We will work on it to the best of our ability. However, the more people we can get to help out the better. We will need people to test in the future, but for now we could use people that can have extensive knowledge of the game itself, or have other skills that would be vital for the team.
    I never doubted people were working long and hard on the project but the fact of the matter is most people know there are some serious hurdles the team has yet to encounter and that these hurdles are what left the others PSU sever projects in the dust. Until I see progress on things that were an issue for servers such as EGS and nyuuniverse I will continue to believe that we will not play the game in full form ever again.

I never doubted people were working long and hard on the project but the fact of the matter is most people know there are some serious hurdles the team has yet to encounter and that these hurdles are what left the others PSU sever projects in the dust. Until I see progress on things that were an issue for servers such as EGS and nyuuniverse I will continue to believe that we will not play the game in full form ever again.
    Fair enough. :P

Fair enough. :P
    I don't know about other people, but I can't say I would be very interested in devoting a large portion of my time that I'm very skeptical about. Multiple people have asked this question in one form or another: "Will this team be able to conquer the problems that defeated previous attempts by other servers?" Unless I missed a post, this question has always been avoided, and never answered. All I see is "We haven't gotten to that yet." That to me says that this team isn't confident that they can solve those problems. If they could, a straight answer would be given. Hell, even a, "We're not positive, but we have some ideas and think we can make it work where others couldn't" would be a sufficient answer. Nobody here is looking for any promises at this point. But it would be a pretty asshole move to get people's hopes up when the team isn't confident that they have even the ABILITY to get the job done, let alone the drive and time to actually do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Hey guys this is awesome news i know it's not 100% but if it ends up working right on. if it doesn't at least someone else tried again.

I wish I could say "sure, I'd love to help!" But in all honesty, I know absolutely nothing about servers and am not familiar with the deeper parts of the game. Oh well, hopefully somebody who's more knowledgable can help.
    Last edited by SuperSoup; Sep 16, 2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Whoops! Typo!

Happy to hear that some people care about psu. Keep up the good work.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.