Page 12 of 333 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kyojin View Post
    quick question. . . what weapons should i use for the 5 bonus gunner SP quest? all TMs?
    Yep. I'm having trouble as usual, to get the dumb Ragnes to appear though. When I didn't need them they appeared all over the place, and they seem to become extinct when I need them.

"Competitive by default, humble as deception, crafty in nature."

just tested the CT on multi parties, it only works on your party members. . .
    so it's not applicable to strangers D:

and also a souvenir from the recent EQ where i tested the CT hit contribution
    WB and chain trigger = massive damage (though that will be too much to ask if the
    buff applies to other party members too but that will be awesome and
    the same time very broken too XD)

if you can't see its 12610 dmg per hit on satellite aim (no chain finish yet).
    so that's (12610*2 shots)*4 volleys= approx. 100880

warning very large image
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by kyojin; Sep 18, 2012 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyojin View Post
    i am not yet sure about the previous post but when i joined Vader EQ and some wild Ragne fights w/o a party
    (and im sure i mark the parts where people are attacking) is that the only attacks that count are mine.

im im going to test it more once my team members awake from their AFK hibernation
    When you were testing this before, was it on some sort of big enemy that has a lot of different parts that you can hit? Because the chain counter won't increase unless you hit the spot that Chain Trigger was applied to. If those MPA players were hitting the correct spot, then it may mean that only the members of your own party can help you increase chain counter, because I'm pretty sure other people are allowed to do that - it was one of the advertised features of the Gunner class.

EDIT: my wonderful theory got ninja'd!

Also, added the info on the enigmatic Aerial Advance to the OP. Thanks for testing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    When you were testing this before, was it on some sort of big enemy that has a lot of different parts that you can hit? Because the chain counter won't increase unless you hit the spot that Chain Trigger was applied to. If those MPA players were hitting the correct spot, then it may mean that only the members of your own party can help you increase chain counter, because I'm pretty sure other people are allowed to do that - it was one of the advertised features of the Gunner class.

EDIT: my wonderful theory got ninja'd!

Also, added the info on the enigmatic Aerial Advance to the OP. Thanks for testing it!
    i tested it on monsters with breakable parts (cate's tail, ragne's leg armour) and also on weakspots (screen shot above)
    and it seems like only you and your party members shots/hits are counted.
    that 85 counter was from me and my party membe,the others hits were not being counted on the chain,
    heck my chain even got broken when i fell down varda
    even though they were hitting the same spot as mine

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Nope. 82~84 damage whether I am on the gound or in the air. Tried with a Vita Machinegun on Lv1 Udan. A 20% bonus should be very noticeable, so this skill is not working.

Maybe Aerial Advance boosts the damage to juggled monsters, I have to test that...

I was alone in my team, earlier, but in an MPA, I can confirm kyojin's statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoTranslator View Post
    Aerial Advance works on monsters in the air, not the player character himself/herself.
    the wording on that skill is so confusing... This is translated from a japanese wiki: "Damage when you hit the enemy attacks you're in the air rises" and it clearly says 'you're'

Another way to think about it is to look at the symbol. It shows arrows pointing diagonally upward to the enemy. This means that the enemy must be above you in order for the skill to take effect. In order for an enemy to be above you, they most likely must be in the air. In addition to that, the monster icon also has a shadow on the ground underneath it. There is a bit of distance between the shadow and the monster therefore implying that the monster is in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    Another way to think about it is to look at the symbol. It shows arrows pointing diagonally upward to the enemy. This means that the enemy must be above you in order for the skill to take effect. In order for an enemy to be above you, they most likely must be in the air. In addition to that, the monster icon also has a shadow on the ground underneath it. There is a bit of distance between the shadow and the monster therefore implying that the monster is in the air.
    So it isn't useful against bosses. I know Gunner has a skill to throw the target in the air but since it doesn't work on most bosses and since i use the rifle for mobs instead its useless... I've wasted 3 points... ohwell atleast i didnt put 10 in

Okay, thanks for clearing that up, then. Very disappointed =/

Is it just me or are the PAs pretty buggy? Messiah Time... does it hit ever anything? Very often Satellite Aim doesn't do anything even if I kiss the enemy, sometimes it does actual damage but doesn't get stuff in the air. Neither Satellite Aim or Dead Approach can hit the Codeestruction beize. I'm seriously disappointed so far, it's like a melee class, but a gimped melee class, roll is the worst evasion move in the game. You would need to invest few points to save your butt for the time directly after the roll where you are frozen in place for a split of second. The shift action is p. hard to get to do anything other than backflipping, managed to sidejump few times but I couldn't find any reason why I was successful.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    Is it just me or are the PAs pretty buggy? Messiah Time... does it hit ever anything? Very often Satellite Aim doesn't do anything even if I kiss the enemy, sometimes it does actual damage but doesn't get stuff in the air. Neither Satellite Aim or Dead Approach can hit the Codeestruction beize. I'm seriously disappointed so far, it's like a melee class, but a gimped melee class, roll is the worst evasion move in the game. You would need to invest few points to save your butt for the time directly after the roll where you are frozen in place for a split of second. The shift action is p. hard to get to do anything other than backflipping, managed to sidejump few times but I couldn't find any reason why I was successful.
    maybe its just you, messiah time and satellite aim is close or almost no range at all. all the skills are working fine on my side. and the shift-dodge thatas one of the best roll IMO since you can dodge and shoot w/o needing the step attack the only downside is you can't flip forward and it has a veeeery long invincibility frame. its easier to do sideflip if you're in tps mode or on autolock.