Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Gal Wind is a dream in forest with a melee FO, even though Heat Sword. Allbeit not that great later on, it's still a very fun weapon to use.
    __________________________________________________ ______

• Musashi

Found off of Hard Mode Dragon, this weapon is usually banked right away and never considered, but what if you find one with mad percentages? Even with 20 hit, this weapon is very fun to use early on, and even later. Musashi has only 35 ATA, but that can be countered with its availability, making Hit not too difficult to obtain. The Berserk special on these Jade green swords give them the power they need, making them surperb weapons until you find yourself a better multi-hit, single-target weapon. Musashi can be compared to Double Saber, and when it is, Musashi comes out the winner because of +5 ATA, +208 ATP over Double Saber, a more usefull special, and its availability is better than that of Double Saber. For hunters, Musashi is far better than anything else for the time you obtain it, and upgrading might not be a good idea until you hit Ultimate.

• Iron Faust

Rare, yes. Sucky, no. 1/631 drop off of Spaceship Baranz on five IDs, and a Photon Booster from 45-50 Photon Drops will reward you with another one of my favorite weapons. I love this thing, and I wish more people would consider it on their RAcasts and RAcaseals. Although only useable by two classes, Iron Faust is a pretty nice supportive weapon. It won't kill things right away, and might even save you a couple of confuse traps with its 42 ATA. That ATA also makes Heavy Attacks work with this non combo weapon, and I am confident in saying that it's a great rival to Nug-2000 Bazooka on these two androids, on the fact that it is slightly easier to obtain and has a special. Of course, if you're using a non-bot Ranger, then you could just smack on a Needle ;p

• Rappy Fan

Best. Slicer. Ever. Must I say that is too easy to find for its usefulness? Although Berserk with hit is far better than Confusion, not every ID can find a Diska of Braveman with hit. Just slap on an altered Rappy's Wing and slicer your enemies down. More base ATA than any slicer outside of Red Slicer and more grind ATP than a Diska of Braveman, this feathery slicer can compliment your early character through V.hard and even a little into Ultimate, whether its a Hunter, Ranger, or Force. And speaking of Forces, this is probably the best slicer you can use until you get a Rainbow Baton, 480 ATP is not a challenge at all for a melee force. I still use this on my HUcaseal periodically, it just looks so badass that I can't help but use it to feather rappys to death with their own medicine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-01-18 21:21 ]</font>

I think the Holy Ray is awesome because it is a rifle my HUnewearl can use.

Holy Ray isn't underrated though. I see HUnewearls, HUmars, and Forces with them all the time. But, here you go:

• Holy Ray on a RAmarl

Despite being very good on a Melee Force and even better on a HUmar/HUnewearl, putting this "non-RA" rifle on a RAmarl can prove to be very useful. Highest ATA of all the rifles, and 4th strongest ATP+Grind wise, Holy Ray is also pretty easy to find for it's strength. Paralysis is also fun, and with the added Ranger ATA that RAmarls have, Holy Ray will probably hit with its second or third attack in the combos. The only trouble is reaching 680 MST to use it. XD

Did anyone evar find a Musashi (remember, it's Hard mode) with 'mad percentages'? o.o

I liked Holy Ray.. But actually I've only used very few of those weapons for more than a while. I usually stick with casting with tech bonus weapons equipped anyway. :/

Lies.

The most underrated weapon is the DB Saber.

It's so powerful, it makes n00b more 1337 then you.

And if you get 20% on Native, now you are busting the big guns out now, yeah buddy...

Also, your Virista pwns monsters, with it's -5% hit.

On 2005-01-18 19:31, Skorpius wrote:
    • Musashi
    I have one with 40% hit, and I never, ever use it, Asuka (55% hit in my case >_>) deals more damage without having Berserk special, heh. But I'll do a run or two with it, just because you made me feel like it
    Its low ATP would make it good for HUcast, but Berserk on HUcast requires a good healer, so no offline =/

• Iron Faust
    I have one that Sounomi gave me, and although I admit it's good, it suffers from the same problem as NUG2000-Bazooka: without hit%, it sucks. Good for offline Forest/Temple/Cave.

• Rappy Fan
    I just don't inderstand =/ low ATP, low ATA, no odds at hit% = sucks. End of story. Red Slicer, Flight Fan and Flight Cutter aren't hard to find, and can be used by most classes. Raibow Baton, although very rare, can be used by all, and comes with 50% hit at least.

• Holy Ray on a RAmarl
    hmm, I dunno, you have a good point, but Yasminkov 3000R and Ano Rifle aren't really hard to find either, and Ano Rifle has a better special of the same class =/ Besides, most rangers will end up using Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen.
    But of course, I find Holy Ray incredibly ugly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-01-19 05:00 ]</font>

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2005-01-19 04:58, Kef wrote:
    Ano Rifle aren't really hard to find either
    That's good Kef, take a stab at my accomplishment ;p

I think Rappy's Fan should only be a, "For looks," weapon (Like Kef said) but atleast, you know, it does look awesome (My FOmarl uses it n.n)

I've been hunting Panzer Faust, just for the sake of having it. Maybe this will motivate me, but is Iron Faust better than Gi Gue Bazooka? (I love this weapon, it's cool looking, and it's Rafoie-ness almost makes the no combo worth it. Generally, weapons that don't combo = teh suck for me >_>)

Yes, but Kef? EVERY SINGLE ONE of those 'Better' Slicers is ult-only, with a much higher droprate. Honestly, did you have a Rainbow Baton in Hard? >_>; Flight Fan in Normal? For when you find it, Rappy's Fan is awesome, which is Skorp's point(And also mine, because I share his love for teh fan).

I quote:
    this feathery slicer can compliment your early character through V.hard and even a little into Ultimate

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

I still like my current Red Slicer I'm grinding with 30% more damage to machines, as well as my 55% increased hit-rate. ^_^

Seeing as I use nothing but under-rated weapons like my Bloody Arts, It's fun to see me pull these out in game.
    I'm still around.

You said it yourself, Ian, as have many people here, other difficulties than Ultimate are irrelevant, you only stay there 40-60ish hours, then spend all of the time in Ult, so why bother ?