Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    I don't know why you are defending this so hard. How does this benefit you?
    I'm not and it doesn't.

But I'm bowing out of this. Since you didn't even notice the misinformation that I used as a bit of a test. So it really does feel like you are just disupting this thread without fully understanding everything that goes on. You didn't even use all of the same settings that the OP mentioned, so it really seems as if you have something to prove for some reason.

I'm just in this for the science. The question is, why are you trying to dispute this thread when the OP clearly stated the circumstances that the problems occured under. Also, how does this benefit you?

Because I'm more interested in the truth than spreading useless misinformation that won't actually help people.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    Because I'm more interested in the truth than spreading useless misinformation that won't actually help people.
    Yet, when you are potentially faced with the truth, you dispute it if you don't understand it.

Also, does this actually help people? While you won't get the people feeling the placebo effect becasue they ignored everything written and enabled LAA without fully understanding what it does, this also turns away people who are potentially affected by this problem.

That is the same kind of attitude as those who disputed the existance of a problem in GG because they didn't get it, or those who disputed the existance of a problem between Avast and GG because they didn't get it. Problems can be system/configuration specific and it means little to deny the existance of a problem based on the behaviour on your own system. This is the mindset that I often class as the "works for me" mindset, where if something works for them then they assume that it has to work for everyone, it then excludes any investigation into areas that could be the problem (like looking into the extra settings that the OP mentioned and investigating the effect on video and system memory, or investigating the memory usage of the game and noticing the regular increase and decrease in the virtual space usage that does lead to issues if not handled correctly). There was no attempt at an investigation into the values on the OP's machine, instead, you based everything on your own. The people who usually have this "works for me" attitude are the ignorant/uneducated or egotistical.

So right now, the difference is that while there is no major evidence to the contrary then I don't see much need to really care about it or dispute it. The thread was dying a natural death anyway.

Hm for me I cant save it as pso2.exe I have to rename it

Mixae: Ship 2
    o(≧▼≦○〃パンチ

Quote Originally Posted by Asuni View Post
    Hm for me I cant save it as pso2.exe I have to rename it
    If you are using Vista or 7, then it is most likely UAC stopping you. This is because you need administrative permission to write to Program Files and Program Files (x86) and one thing that UAC does is disables that.

The two choices you have here is to either run the program that you are using as administrator, this will then give it the rights that it needs to write to where PSO2 is installed, the other option is to save it somewhere outside of the PSO2 directory, where you can write to, and then copy it back into the PSO2 directory, overwriting the original pso2.exe. Explorer should automagically ask you if you really want to do that and get the rights it needs.

Oh, and don't think badly of UAC here.

i would like to say i can no longer get this to work, i found out because I've been loading character models a little slower after last patch and found no matter how many time i enable this, when i launch the game, it get "fixed" by the updater+^_^+ for the naysayers, LAA did seem to help with minor texture errors i had on my particular machine+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Oct 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM.

It doesn't work for me either, pso2.exe gets automatically patched every time I start the launcher.

Yep, no longer functions thanks to the launcher change.

Don't know why they bothered, nobody cheats by modifying the .exe (too bloody obvious), but oh well...

Wow, it's really been almost four years since I posted this thread?

Anyway, this still works provided you use either the bat/shortcut method to bypass the launcher or use PSO2 tweaker instead. You can't use the official launcher with it.

It fixes that weird chrome texture bug and prevents the game from crashing when alt-tabbing in fullscreen mode. I strongly recommend it.

The Alt+Tabbing problem doesn't happen anymore.
    Seriously, thanks for creating and also bumping this up
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan