Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Texting

I wish people would do more texting and less cell chit-chatting out loud. Nothing more annoying than listening to one side of a conversation.

P.S. This isn't a request for a list of things you find more annoying than listening to someone else's phone convo.
    P.P.S. I don't text or instant message.
    P.P.P.S. I enjoy a little talking on the phone now and then, but only when I'm alone, so as not to bother others.
    P.P.P.P.S. Face-to-face is the best--typed the forum member to the machine.

Look at it this way:

When they're in public, that's less incessant, mindless yammering you have to put up with - just some quiet typing and a beep every now and then (or in my case, the "PSO Mail" noise).

Using text messages is quick and easy (T9 Dictionary function makes typing on a keypad so much faster, it's not even funny), and has some serious utility. For example, should someone be unable to answer their phone and prose their idiotic gab with you, you are still able to send them a message that they can access, next time they open their phone. But I realize this isn't what the topic's about.

Basically, the reason being, is that one or both parties may not be able to "talk" at the moment. They may be in a Church and subsequently bored with the pretentious crock being spewed forth, or perhaps in a Library, where people are trying to actually use their brains in peace and quiet. Yet, some people, such as myself, like to keep an open line of communication to certain people, at all times. I have friends whom I want to be able to access me at any time, thus my phone, and thus usage of text messaging.

But really, would you rather listen to someone ramble on with "like, oh my god, seriously?! As if!~" and all that nagging chatter aloud, or listen to them quietly type their thumbs off?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

jack of all trades, master of none

On 2007-03-08 14:38, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
    On 2007-03-08 13:57, Leviatha wrote:

i thought "whats the point of leaving the house then?"

Gotta replenish the beer supply at some point.
    this deserves a

At my work, if they catch them texting or using their phone to call people while they're on a machine, they take the phone away (there is a posted warning to this effect). If they continue to do it (like the next day, as they do give the phones back), they better start looking for another job (probably would be insta-termination if they caught someone using one of those cell phone cameras to take pix of machine settings and stuff ((which they're not supposed to even have those cameras in the first place)) ). It used to be cell phones didn't even work in the building, because of the material the walls were made out of, but then a cellphone tower was put in and after that is when the warning went up.

I myself don't even own a cell phone, so texting and all that really isn't an issue to me (and I hate talking on my regular phone, so I definitely don't need a cellphone). Most people I know who have a cellphone just text to send little jokes or a quick message, not to have long conversations (they use it like mini-emails basically).

On 2007-03-08 07:20, Jehosaphaty wrote:
    Texting is a great way to let your mother know you broke you arm snowboarding so you don't have to listen to the manditory lecture. Well, that is until you have to call to get the insurance information.
    That's funny (about avoiding lecture, not breaking your arm)!

edited to clarify something

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axispoint on 2007-03-09 16:27 ]</font>
    The world is yours.