Topic is pretty self explanatory. I have a pretty high end laptop that runs the game on high, but I'm still curious as to what some of the options really do, not only for myself but for the benefit of my friends who recently bought the game who are tweaking the settings as well.

The settings in particular I'm wondering about are the following:

Texture (normal vs compressed)
    ~~~ Filter (I'm playing JP so I can't read the kanji) - On vs Off
    Motion Calculation (CPU vs Hardware)
    LOD - All the settings here are set to 32, but I have no idea what effect they have

So if anyone could lay a little knowledge on me, and tell me what effect these options have, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance to all replies~

Skirmisher

Well... I'm on my work PC right now, so I can't really tell you what that filter does. I can elaborate on the other parts, though:

LOD - This is your "Line of Draw" AKA Draw Distance. It basically determines how close you have to be to an object before it shows up on your screen. Higher numbers mean that you'll see things from further away, but it's more taxing on your system (32 is a perfectly fine setting for this, as it seems to set the draw distance greater than the highest weapon range).

Texture (normal vs compressed) - Simply put:
    Normal Textures = better looking, but more taxing on the system
    Compressed Textures = not as good looking, but easier to process

Motion Calculation (CPU vs Hardware) - this basically sets whether you're putting the brunt of the work on the CPU itself or the video card. What you should set it to depends on your system's specs.

I hope this helps.

-Khaleb

I have some questions to extend onto the topic.

What do these do:
    -Anisotropic Clipping:On or Off
    -MIPMAP: On or Off

MIPMAPs require more memory, but reduce the load on your processor - Think of them as a Giga / Processor save
    Antistropic filtering is part of what keeps things from looking like they are made of squares, it takes a decent chunk of processor power generally, if you turn it off, it should cause a fairly obvious visual change, try it out - if there is no recognizable increase of speed, you can always turn it back on.. or if you care about the visuals.
    Death only means that it's time to continue.