Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Or maybe Compound Techniques are literally a different thing than Techniques, as indicated by the facts that they are in their own tab in multiple areas and, just because a given class can cast Techniques, it doesn't enable them to cast Compound Techniques, so when something specifically increases the power of Techniques, it logically increases the power of Techniques and not something else.
    We've gone over this and how the element potentials, although also mentioning Techs, also works on the Compound Tech involving their respective element. Not to mention how skills like element masteries and Tech Charge Advance work on Compound Techs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Squal_FFVIII View Post
    I have a rainbow set. Seriously you can't blame me for selling the elemental rods. The Pwand has like 100 more t-atk than the basic 11* fire rod. That more than makes up for the lost in 1% from the fire rod. With the new potential the Psycho Wand does more damage and saves PP.

There's no competition.

But of course I had no clue that it didn't power up the compound techs. I figured as much as everyone else that the the 15% was added to all techs seeing as the compound techs are also TECHS. This is pretty stupid. I hope they fix it.
    You completely misunderstood my statement. As long as you have a rainbow set of Psycho Wands, then that's logical to sell your old rainbow set beforehand. I'm just saying that if you didn't, and only had one Psycho Wand, then off-element Psycho Wand will be much weaker than on-element element-boosting Rod for the other elements. But since you do have a rainbow set of Psycho Wand, this doesn't apply to you.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Sep 1, 2015 at 12:59 AM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    We've gone over this and how the element potentials, although also mentioning Techs, also works on the Compound Tech involving their respective element. Not to mention how skills like element masteries and Tech Charge Advance work on Compound Techs as well.
    That's because they're increasing Technique Damage of a certain element, rather than damage of techniques of a certain element.

As for Tech Charge Advance, I wasn't aware it qualified for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

So your argument is implying that "damage of techniques" is not considered "Technique Damage"... Okay...
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

The wording used is exactly the same as the wording used for the two Yozakura potentials, just without the mention of PAs. Psycho Wand's potential is working exactly as intended.

Also, talis normals count as striking attacks actually.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Sep 1, 2015 at 01:08 AM.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    So your argument is implying that "damage of techniques" is not considered "Technique Damage"... Okay...
    Nazan could inflict striking damage and still be considered a Technique because it's a Technique.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Whats the wording on Psycho Wand. I don't speak Japanese so I don't know. I just knew that it made techs stronger by 15%.

Psycho Wand's potential reads as テクニック使用時にPP消費量が15%減少し、威力が15%上昇する。
    Lunar Deity, for comparison, reads 光属性テクニックのダメージが16%上昇する。

The former reads "When using a technique, PP consumption is reduced by 15%, power is increased by 15%"
    The latter reads "light element technique damage is increased by 16%"

Well actually it reads "technic" but I'm guessing that technique was a localization thing.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Sep 1, 2015 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Also, talis normals count as striking attacks actually.
    But those normals aren't techniques, so it's not a "damage of techniques". Nor would it be Technique Damage due to what you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Nazan could inflict striking damage and still be considered a Technique because it's a Technique.
    But does it inflict Striking Damage?

And you're also saying that those potentials increase Technique Damage, but the Japanese wording says it increases "the damage of X-Element Techniques", so technically it's the latter or your two statements. But either way, I feel that the two are the same thing.

EDIT: Ninja'ed
    But okay, I guess that does make sense for the wording of Psycho Wand. I just never took a close look at its potential's wording until now. But my argument against Maenara's still stands.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Sep 1, 2015 at 01:20 AM.
    Characters

For the record I actually agree with you. For example, Nazan cannot qualify as a technique if it inflicts striking damage because it cannot be a technique if it inflicts striking damage. The fact that it inflicts wind element technique damage is the very reason Wind Mastery works for it. If it inflicted striking damage, it would be incompatible with Wind Mastery, its related potentials, and every single skill that applies to technique damage. It would still be a technique for conditionals such as the Yozakura series or Psycho Wand's potential though.

Basically, what's going on with Yozakura/Psycho Wand's potential is that they check to see if a move is a PA/tech, and if it is, then it applies the potential bonus. For this conditional, composites do not qualify as techs, because they do not function the same way that PAs/techs do. It's somewhat similar to how Attack Advance does not apply to shift actions or wand's Step Attack/Wand Gear.

Easier way to put it: Composites are not techs, but they do inflict tech damage.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Sep 1, 2015 at 01:29 AM.

This argument is more complicated than it's worth, especially when nothing will come of it, since no matter why Psycho Wand's potential doesn't work on Compound Techs, it's still stupid... LOL
    Characters