Default Online Story questions (Story spoilers)

OK - when the official servers were up I never got to play the actual story that continues on after the destruction of the Guardians Colony at the end of episode 2 (the offline AotI story). I'd like to know what happens there. I know Lumia has a key role in it, but more than that, I haven't any knowledge.

Secondly - there's a character who has a prominent role in both the box art and the pre-chapter FMV sequences, but never actually appears in the Episode 2 storyline itself. I can only assume he has a major role in episode 3 - I'd like to know what the deal with this guy is. You'll see him to the right of Laia here;

Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

Karl F. Howzer? Leader of the Illuminus. That's all I remember. You also fought him in a JP mission called Ohtori Encampment.
    IAN-Lvl 180 Male Beast Gunmaster (360)
    D3ath D3aler Lvl 180 Male Cast Acrofighter (360)
    KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Newman MasterForce (360)

KanameChidori lvl 180 Female Cast AF20 FM20 FF20 PT20 (JP)
    LaLa lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT (JP)

Ah, I kinda remember Howzer's name getting mentioned ingame, but I don't recall him ever appearing in the EU offline missions - Like I said, it seemed odd that he'd have such a prominent role on the box art and in the chapter intro FMV, yet never actually appeared in the game.

The Illuminus part of the story kind of just stops with Ethan saying he's going off to find his father was being held prisoner by the Illuminus (another story loose-end that never gets covered offline) - I'm pretty sure I remember Howzer's name being mentioned at that point though.
    Last edited by Gunbladelad; Aug 5, 2014 at 09:42 AM.

Yep, Howzer's the main leader of the Illuminus after he has the previous leader assassinated. If I remember correctly, he's also the maker of Dulk Fakis, which he made from data from Dark Falz. The Cast Magashi is modeled after him as well, in terms of personality.

He's the main villain in Ep3, he first fights you when you go to rescue Ethan's father Orson. I don't remember too much about him after that (Other than he was corrupted by Dark Falz some time ago and he's been serving it ever since), since I had stopped playing before all of Ep3 was released.
    I think someone on this site has videos of all the Episode 3 content, but I'm unsure if the videos are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
    He's the main villain in Ep3, he first fights you when you go to rescue Ethan's father Orson. I don't remember too much about him after that
    He's also the penultimate boss before Dark Falz in the final chapter. And in at least one of the story paths, he himself is the vessel of Dark Falz.