Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Infinity English Patch Hype Center

http://gbatemp.net/threads/phantasy-...lation.368328/

Someone else picked up on the Infinity Translation Project, rather... Started his own. I'm part of the crew that is responsible for swapping japanese text entries with english throughout the 10k+ files. It's going to take a long ass time and I'm sure at least the few people that are left in the community will appreciate it. If you are proficient at japanese and typing a large amount of letters, I'm sure we could use the extra help.

Right now JamRules is responsible for the coding side of it all (contact him if you want to help!). We have myself and ArasKarasu working on various text files appointed to us. This would definitely be sped up if we had a little more help so please, if you're capable and have a passion for doing something SoA will never do, give us a hand!

Do you have a translator already, or are you using that one translation guide by Devi guy?
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

Jam received permission to use DeviFoxx's guide for any and all translation when it comes to boss names, storyline, items, etc. We do still kinda need a proper translator for menu text, window text, and all that fun stuff. I've admittedly been using google translate for simple and easy stuff so far. Not the best, but hey, go with what you got, right?

Edit: As a side note, he's prioritizing his translation of Sol Trigger over PSP2i, which is why he recommended people assist him with the translation. Since he has 2 more people working on the Infinity project, I'm thinking he may put more priority on it if we get things done quickly and efficiently.
    Last edited by Malice913150; Jul 30, 2014 at 05:39 PM.

Alright, this seems like a pretty serious effort and I can give a hand with that.
    I can do translation, proofreading and insertion of text.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

Ok good, your help is greatly appreciated~ You'll have to hit up Jam. Right now our only communication is through group chat on that site.

Will the English patch be just Episode 2 of psp2i or will it also include Episode 1?

For menus and all... why don't use the original English texts from PSP2? (which would include a lot of items and all Episode 1 Story)

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    For menus and all... why don't use the original English texts from PSP2? (which would include a lot of items and all Episode 1 Story)
    This is what I was wondering. It won't cover all of the menus as some new stuff was added in PSP2i, but it would cover the majority.
    I think it might still be rough to translate all the items though...
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

It's a fine thought, but the coding involved in both games is not the same. Each file containing info for windows, items, monsters, storyline, etc. needs to be manually edited and the english text inserted. Of course, we can use the the previous game as a guide, but it's still going to take a good chunk of time. Despite all that, we're still making good progress at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Oryana View Post
    Will the English patch be just Episode 2 of psp2i or will it also include Episode 1?
    It will include an Episode 1 translation as well!

Will this work with the UMD version of the game?
    Playing PSO2, PSOBB and PSP2i!