Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Forces and ability

I spend most of my time reaching the 2chan threads and wiki's, but was just curious of what Forces here think of the importance of ability (技量) and how much of the stat they have now.

I'm currently level 40 with 298 ability, working on an Apus mag (70 T-ATK / 30 Ability at 100). I'm currently debating if I should put more ability into my mag, perhaps one of my armor pieces, or just leaving my ability as it is.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on ability for Force?

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    I spend most of my time reaching the 2chan threads and wiki's, but was just curious of what Forces here think of the importance of ability (技量) and how much of the stat they have now.

I'm currently level 40 with 298 ability, working on an Apus mag (70 T-ATK / 30 Ability at 100). I'm currently debating if I should put more ability into my mag, perhaps one of my armor pieces, or just leaving my ability as it is.

Anywho, what are your thoughts on ability for Force?
    Do you want stable DPS or high T-atk and able to equip the new Rod?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I prefer stability, but was wondering what other people think, hence my asking.

Uhm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your mag is stuck at the three lepus-evolvments considering you got 70 t-att and 30 ability on your mag..? I don't think it can evolve into Apus at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by hmaa94 View Post
    Uhm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your mag is stuck at the three lepus-evolvments considering you got 70 t-att and 30 ability on your mag..? I don't think it can evolve into Apus at that point?
    If you want, I can post a screen shot as soon as it hits 100. But that's not really the point of this thread.

Someone posted this for me, so I will pass on the favor:

http://wikiwiki.jp/force/?%B5%BB%CE%CC

Some good testing on 技量 with a Force there. Although he does mention that there is a softcap for ability. The only way to accurately answer your question would be if we knew what the softcap was for 技量 (and for 法撃, if there is one). I don't believe anyone has nailed this down yet so it's hard to say whether you should train more ability, how much you should train, and what the benefits are going to be.

If you notice from the tests in the link though, the tester raised 技量 from 307 to 397 and was still seeing measurable increases in both average hit and minimum hit. For instance:

技量+0  平均657.9 595-733
    技量+90 平均712.7 691-733
    法撃+90 平均731.5 656-801

We see that adding 90技量 (to 397) increased the minimum hit damage by 96, a little over a 1:1 ratio. It does not however affect maximum hit at all.

We see that adding 90法撃 (from 1133 to 1223) increased the minimum hit by less (only 61), but also increased the maximum hit by 68. In fact, as you can see by the middle numbers (which are average hits) that in this particular scenario, raising 法撃 by 90 increased the average hit by more than raising 技量 by 90.

However, that is just one scenario. There are others on there so I recommend you review the study and weigh the benefits yourself.

As I said in the original post, I've read the Japanese wikis, and I read the Japanese forums more so than this one. My question, was simply what are other people's opinions on increasing the ability stat for a force.

Hi Spellbinder!

I'm going with a mostly-ability Mag, but that's because I'm going to go with whatever ranger/force hybrid (or equivalent) I can get, so I don't want to dump everything into T-Atk.

I'm starting to notice a slight difference in damage ranges being lower, but I don't have a large-enough sample size to give accurate info.

Also, if you're on Ship 2, we should play sometime. I've mostly been tapering off on my playing of Champions Online.

I'm not on Ship 2, but I do have Champions Online (lifetime member from release), but that's a horse of a different color.

After much duress, I've finally got my Apus (70 T-ATK / 30 Ability), and am planning to take it to 120 T-ATK, but my 297 Ability feels a little low to me. There's no way to tell at what point the benefit drops off yet, but I may add a bit more ability on my mag and keep up the standard Ragne + Tech II on all my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    As I said in the original post, I've read the Japanese wikis, and I read the Japanese forums more so than this one. My question, was simply what are other people's opinions on increasing the ability stat for a force.
    If you'd rather go by people's anecdotal opinions than raw data, then there's nothing I can say that would help you.