Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The Life Element will only kill you if you aren't super careful around things, and as long as the element level is 4+. The way I use Life (and not die) is after a Photon Art, I dodge roll out of the way of where I know the danger zone is going to be. All in all it really depends on whether or not you're experienced enough to know what your enemy is going to do next. That, and never play the Life element offline. Without support, it's suicidal, especially for a CAST. Celeb is still MUCH better, but for weapons that have no choice (Zero weapons for example) that are looted with the Life Element, well, you might as well make good use of them.

What I'm saying here is that I disagree, especially about the whole Risk being better than Life part.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Risk would honestly be better, if it had a heightened procrate, since the damage you take is relative to the damage you deal, so as long as you aren't hitting in the upwards of 600's a hit with things that hit multiple times on many foes (Over End), you shouldn't really need to be worried about the damage you take when it does proc. Even with my Yonohate In, which was Risk Lv2, the highest ATP weapon in the game, and a full-power HUney, I was only taking about 20 or so damage from its very infrequent proc's... however, I still much prefered using my Life Lv4 Cross Rave Zero Saber (when I still had it) whenever I really wanted to see the high numbers come up... man, I'll miss that thing, but I knew someone else wanted it more than me, so I let them have it. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Kentucky Fried Rappy wafflestomper's Avatar

Yeah the proc rate does make a difference plus having support to heal you consistently but still too risky for taste I guess. I actually like the soul set up though where you take revenge with low health. But it seems celwb is the safest option for power. It would be cool if if they made an element that would maybe just take a set amount of your HP off the top instead per hit eh?

I am a Gol Dragon to know what you are take the quiz here.

[url=http://www.pso-world.com/quiz1.php]
    I am a RAmar to know what you are take the quiz here.[/url

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    I still much prefered using my Life Lv4 Cross Rave Zero Saber (when I still had it) whenever I really wanted to see the high numbers come up... man, I'll miss that thing, but I knew someone else wanted it more than me, so I let them have it. ;P
    Oh hell to the yes I'm enjoying it, thank you very much :3

. . . But if you want it back, you know where to find it, I guess. I fortified it for Native.

The Yonohte In is fun stuff for sure. I do agree that Risk would be awesome if it had a higher Proc Rate or something . . . Life just has that beautiful 100% activation just like Celeb. And on another note, Life Lv1 is just funny as hell.

~Art by Daggart~

The Obssessed Force User ArrayD06's Avatar

I'm just wondering if it would be rendundant to include a little section about melee Forces.
    I have a melee FOmar and I am in the process of making a melee FOmarl (Why? I just feel like having a slight challenge).

I feel that playing as a Hunter and a melee Force slightly contrast each other, but I can't process how at the moment.

Pretty much all of the basics have been covered here and can easily be translated to any kind of playstyle including a Melee Force. Celeb is covered, as well as Accuracy.

A Melee FOmarl in my opinion outclasses the Melee FOmar in every aspect. Slightly higher accuracy and that beautiful 30% Resta boost is why. In my opinion I see no point in having two Melee Forces, but that's just my two cents there, and I can't force you to change how you play.

~Art by Daggart~

Life Lasers.

That is all.

The Obssessed Force User ArrayD06's Avatar

I did try to use a hunter (HUnewearl) and ranger (RAcast), but I felt out of place using them, and I've always liked the appearances of the forces lol.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Life Lv1 Mechs with Cool Style in the middle of a five-way flock of Bulbatts: the REAL "Spinning Death" photon art...

Sorry, couldn't help it... upwards of 30 hits at such a massive HP loss per hit would actually kill you, in all likelyhood, as long as most hits connected. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    Life Lv1 Mechs with Cool Style in the middle of a five-way flock of Bulbatts: the REAL "Spinning Death" photon art...

Sorry, couldn't help it... upwards of 30 hits at such a massive HP loss per hit would actually kill you, in all likelyhood, as long as most hits connected. :P
    It won't tho! I've done a lot of experimenting with Life, and it won't kill you! But it will definitely put you at 1hp so that any other hit would. I may be mistaken, but it seems like Life takes away a percent of your CURRENT health, not MAX health.