Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    How interesting. I haven't heard of downsampling introducing blur before. What a shame, it works great on mine and I use it on many games (basically anything that doesn't have good SGSSAA bits).

At any rate, both downsampling and SGSSAA look great on my machine. It really is amazing how much of a difference it makes in the IQ. I've always felt that a properly anti-aliased image should resemble pre-rendered CG in its cleanliness. It's a shame I won't be able to maintain this kind of IQ in next-gen games (though hopefully they will compensate with improved AA solutions, like SMAA T2x and TXAA).
    I know. One of the things that aggravates me the most about many game devs is their love of FXAA. It looks like garbage and only actually works in screenshots. When playing, the shimmering is still their, except now it is blurry shimmering haha. SMAA is definitely the best post-process method around atm, and I wish more devs would implement it. Only game that I have seen have it built-in is crysis 3, but AA in that game is atrocious and hardly works.

Side note: I am currently experimenting with the values a bit more to see if I can sharpen up the image a bit, although I think this is as good as it gets. Each one of the values I have selected is the best of each category, cause I tried every option in those. The others I couldn't see any difference at all when turning them on, so I left them at 0. I will keep playing with it to see if I missed a magic number in one of those slots though.

Just tried this. Used your settings and it definitely made a difference, though it is a bit harder to tell through the screenshots I have. I don't even know if I did it all correctly but whatever. Wish I could make a video of this.
    New:
    Spoiler!

Original:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Home Dog; Mar 10, 2013 at 08:43 PM.

Sega forum: Home Dog
    YouTube: GamerTime1226

Oh, I should make a note here that if you use SGSSAA you should disable both FXAA and the in-game anti-aliasing as they are redundant and will blur the image considerably.

FXAA CAN catch some leftover aliasing that SGSSAA doesn't touch up very well, but the loss of clarity is a pretty extreme price to pay for that AA. It also doesn't show up in screenshots, for whatever reason.

The in-game AA is just terrible and useless and you should never use it under any circumstances (it's some primitive form of MLAA and is full of artifacts and is generally not very good at what it's supposed to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Home Dog View Post
    Just tried this. Used your settings and it definitely made a difference, though it is a bit harder to tell through the screenshots I have. I don't even know if I did it all correctly but whatever. Wish I could make a video of this.
    New:
    Spoiler!

Original:
    Spoiler!
    Using .jpg will usually compress the image and is not a good format for comparing image quality. You should use .png or .bmp (which you can set in-game).

I have been fiddling around with the compatibility value more and have come to the conclusion that this is as good as it will get for this game. I have used essentially every possible value in each category. I don't have anything technical to back up this, but it appears that each number/letter in each section of the overall value controls a different aspect of how the AA works with the engine (just my observation, not sure if it is true). If what I said is true, then I am pretty certain this is the best possible value for PSO2. Also, SSAA does work with this, but still has the shadow glitch (it is really ugly and can only be fixed by turning shadows off!), and MSAA works without any immediate glitches to notice. MSAA does not touch aliasing on textures, and this game is full of em, so it isn't worth it for me. I find that adjusting my eyes to the softer SGSSAA image makes it look much better than anything else.

Edit: Would also like to add that the value I have in the OP does not need the 2 at the end of it (I knew it didn't upon posting, but for some reason I thought the 2 did something). I will update the post to reflect it.
    Last edited by Preposterous Rhino; Mar 10, 2013 at 09:18 PM.

Well, regarding SweetFX, I've read people getting it to work with AMD Card and the program Radeon Pro, as I don't have a AMD card...

http://backarksr18.blog.shinobi.jp/%...81%AE%E5%BC%90

http://team-fhh.blogspot.com/2013/01...osweet-fx.html
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Well, regarding SweetFX, I've read people getting it to work with AMD Card and the program Radeon Pro, as I don't have a AMD card...

http://backarksr18.blog.shinobi.jp/%...81%AE%E5%BC%90

http://team-fhh.blogspot.com/2013/01...osweet-fx.html
    I have come across that as well haha. However, the benefits of an Nvidia card outweigh those of a Radeon card (at least for high end machines). I also have an Nvidia 3D monitor, so I am kinda obligated to go with Nvidia if I wanna use 3D lol

The SweetFX part does NOT require a Radeon card (I know, I've tried it on my GTX 670s and it works just fine in Path of Exile).

What confuses me is how they managed to get it to work with PSO2, because I've attempted to do so yet for some reason it never detects the executable. If someone could figure out how they're managing to do that, it'd be a major boon...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    The SweetFX part does NOT require a Radeon card (I know, I've tried it on my GTX 670s and it works just fine in Path of Exile).

What confuses me is how they managed to get it to work with PSO2, because I've attempted to do so yet for some reason it never detects the executable. If someone could figure out how they're managing to do that, it'd be a major boon...
    I know it works on Nvidia cards, RadeonPro (for Radeon cards, obviously) has sweetfx built into it, and you can put it in games without using a .dll injection, so gameguard won't freak out.

I was talking about RadeonPro, actually. I was told specifically by the maker that it does, in fact, use executable injection, which caused me to give up on it entirely. But now that I've learned that it somehow avoids detection by Gameguard...

I'm trying to figure out how they got it working. I just need the program to at least notice the PSO2.exe...