Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

I wonder why the Grenade bullet is Jellen Shot but the Rifle bullet ended up being Weak Bullet instead of Zalure Bullet. A DEF debuff would've gone better with the tradition of Jellen and Zalure.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    All the bosses are super unique.

Rockbear stands in one spot and you hit him in the head and he falls over.
    Vol Dragon stands in one spot and you hit him in the head and he falls over multiple times.
    Gwana sits in one spot and you hit his stomach or face and he falls over.
    Banthers sit in one spot and you hit them in the head and they both fall over in turn.
    Vader sits in one spot and you hit his core until he explodes.
    Quartz sits in one spot and you hit his nose and he falls over multiple times.
    Zesh falls over in one spot and you hit his stomach until he dies. Or just hit his head.
    Moron Boron falls over in one spot and you hit his chair until he dies.
    Rodos gets harpooned in one spot and you fill his mouth full of photons.
    Ringha boss totally has rings that is so unique ok nothing has that.
    Meduna I don't even know what it does but it sure does die pretty hard. Also it floats.

Wolga, Org Blan, Ex, and Soma are clones, though.
    Soma is literally nothing like any other boss in the game, even Big Vardha.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Should look at Frontier instead of the mainstream MH games. Frontier is actually an online game and has just recently done what amounts to its fifth equivalent of Ultimate mode now with the Awakening Conquest Wars (the only two examples implemented so far I linked in my previous post). Nothing in any mainstream MH game has ever come close to the difficulty that Frontier's been doing for several years. MH3U is even one of the easier MH games, to be quite blunt. Monster Hunter Freedom was the most difficult mainstream one from what I understand, though I started with MHFU and haven't played anything more recent, so I can't verify it personally.

Awakening Conquest Wars have the kind of difficulty I want to see from PSO2's Ultimate Quests, and I'm expecting not to see that happen, but I'll hold on hope that we'll see a second tier of Ultimate happen that will make this work. I just want bosses that pose a good fight, not things that have to die quickly because of a bad drop system.

Technically speaking both the fatalis can reach these levels but those two are the only ones so far capcom has released directly at level 9999 if you grind the other ones enough you could theoretically get something along those lines because a lot of bosses have been implemented in to the awakening conquest wars and unknown actually was released without an actual awakening conquest war quest prior. Also It's a bit unfair to compare frontier with pso2 seeing as it has been out for 7 years already it will eventually reach those levels possibly but a lot of things need to rebalanced for it to really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Well, now I am...
    And yeah I used to have 10 points there but I re-specced and got 0 in it now.
    Not noticing a difference tbh.
    Stick with 1 SP. If you can't abuse the invincibility frames whenever you would want them, then you need to practice. Step isn't the problem, your ability to use it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    Technically speaking both the fatalis can reach these levels but those two are the only ones so far capcom has released directly at level 9999 if you grind the other ones enough you could theoretically get something along those lines because a lot of bosses have been implemented in to the awakening conquest wars and unknown actually was released without an actual awakening conquest war quest prior. Also It's a bit unfair to compare frontier with pso2 seeing as it has been out for 7 years already it will eventually reach those levels possibly but a lot of things need to rebalanced for it to really work.
    I'd really like to talk about this stuff more, but that's completely off topic to what I was getting at, so I'll skip directly to what is on topic.

I'm not trying to compare Awakening Conquest Wars to PSO2's current gameplay, but what I want PSO2 boss fights to be like several years from now. But Frontier's been doing way better bosses than PSO2 has for ages, and PSO2's bosses could be massively improved without remotely approaching ACW levels, like the examples I gave earlier. Snow/Fang pair really should just fight at the beginning and use attacks in tandem, but they don't. Vol Dragon really should have more emphasis on its completely unique armor phases, but it doesn't. Chrome Dragon's been summoning the same darkers since VH, in every single area, instead of summoning a wider variety or ones based on the area. I don't want huge challenges now, but I do want them to work harder on the bosses (and enemies, to a lesser extent) than they do the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Soma is literally nothing like any other boss in the game, even Big Vardha.
    It's the exact same thing as Biol Meduna.

Floats around a bit, does nothing, has electricity that doesn't hit anybody, and then dies.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    It's the exact same thing as Biol Meduna.

Floats around a bit, does nothing, has electricity that doesn't hit anybody, and then dies.
    That would make Biol Meduna the clone, not Soma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

I played MH1 demo since ps2 and gone hardcore at MHP2.

What makes Monster Hunter interesting that the player can't leech or they will died along which flag ending quest. PSO2 means to attract those failure people.

And to think about pso2 players, it seems there is only 3 people I meeted outside the team know what they doing. The other are just baddies with alot of amount textys complain.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Weak Bullet in its current form is really unnecessary. SEGA would only need to nerf Falzes (not even Elder, perhaps) to make game work without WB.
    I'm not entirely sure, but what about those super mutated bosses/dark vibras yuga in the later waves of TD3? Their HP is a chore to take down even with an AIS if you don't have WB.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Perhaps readjusting power of titles would be needed too. If lv1 title is something like 3-4x right now - make it 2. If it lv2 title is 8-12x - make it 4. My opinion is that it is a very artificial way to balance enemies with account of number of players, so it's kind of broken in first place.

Another bad thing about this design: whether boss is going to be titled or not is still random, so you can get titled ones in 3-man party and untitled ones in 12/12 MPA and reward doesn't change. TD3 and Lead Border Breaker are the only quests in the game where lv2 titles are guaranteed (and, in fact, I have never seen lv2 titles outside of these EQs, and I played a lot).

Vibrace Yuga... I don't even understand why it exists as separate enemy. A link to Ultimate darkers? Meh...

Titled bosses are fine. They're the only thing that makes the bosses slightly difficult. If anything, they should be more common. Like as end of quest bosses. A health reduction on titles is fine if the standard bosses get buffed up to compensate, though.

Titled bosses drop stuff with Mutation I (Vinculum for level 2 titles), so there is something of a reward, even if it isn't much. Dunno if there's anything else to them or not though.