Default New to PSO2! looking for advice/beginner tips.

Hey everyone,

I have been on a serious PSO kick lately (ep. I&II on GC), so i decided to get with the program and try out pso2. I am currently downloading the client. After it is finished is it just as simple as opening the game and,creating an account, or is there more to it? Also, will i have manually download each patch? I was also c u rious about what servers are mainly english. If you have any advice on what the strongest classes are at this point in the game i would love to hear about them. Also looking for friendly players to add once i get all setup. Help a noob out lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by yungxlord View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have been on a serious PSO kick lately (ep. I&II on GC), so i decided to get with the program and try out pso2. I am currently downloading the client. After it is finished is it just as simple as opening the game and,creating an account, or is there more to it? Also, will i have manually download each patch? I was also c u rious about what servers are mainly english. If you have any advice on what the strongest classes are at this point in the game i would love to hear about them. Also looking for friendly players to add once i get all setup. Help a noob out lmao!
    1- See if you can reach this site: http://pso2.jp/players/ If you can't, then you'll need a VPN

2- This will be your bible: http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/

3- Server 2 is the most populated English ship

4- Have fun

Tweaker can install all patches for you, just be smart with managing backups.

This forum section has everything about builds (sticky thread has good example builds, but in the end you should decide what you want - just remember that percentage skills are more important than flat stat ones unless it's at least 20 ATK/SP).

Random questions are asked here.

And a note from me: everyone tries to have fun in this game, so avoid doing anything that breaks game for others (for example, using Zonde techniques to break Zondeel - you'll learn about that as you play and read forum).

Also, here's an important thing to watch out for when you start playing; a mistake that a lot of newcomers make at the outset... and most regret it later.

It's about your Mag.

If you're concerned about Min-Maxing, then you will need to raise a "Pure" Mag. Pure, meaning that, only the relevant stat that you want gets leveled up, while the other ones remain at level 0. Currently, it's best to go pure in one of the S-Atk/R-Atk/T-Atk stats depending on the class that you're Main-ing.

Therefore, before you start feeding a bunch of stuff to your Mag in order to level up, you have to decide before hand which class you want to Main, and then level up the relevant stat on your Mag.

Of course, if you need help doing so, you can always ask in the "Quick Questions" thread.

You'll need to create an account at pso2.jp ; if you can access that site you're in luck! There was a DDoS a couple of months ago and most of the world has been blocked. There are solutions though.

http://arks-layer.com/ <-- Go here to get the Tweaker, it's like the english community's very own launcher, made by our very own AIDA, with the content it gets for you made by others (English patch by Agrajag and co, story patch mostly translated by Wayu, etc). You can also get a torrent of the game here if you're having issues getting it from the JP site.

http://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/ <-- Go here once you have the game installed, if you can't access the JP site. Heck, even if you can, the proxy has proxy chat of 300-700 users at a time, it's as friendly a community as you can expect for that size. The proxy helps anyone who can't connect normally to connect.

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php <-- Skill tree simulator - The game doesn't have a good preview system so the community made their own. This can show you your plans, stats at whatever level, etc.

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info <-- English language wiki-style thing, not always up to date, there's the JP wiki for that, but Cirnopedia is much easier to navigate if you aren't good at Japanese yet, and don't like what google translate does to JP native pages.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog <-- English language news site, updated muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more often than PSO-World's front page (and even then for a while it was the same content anyway), gives info on upcoming content, full AC scratch previews, etc... Mostly things translated properly from the main pso2.jp site, press releases and live broadcasts.

And as for your other questions... You get 2 classes that you can change any time, and a race that you can't. Most people take Hunter as a main or sub class if they don't specifically need another specific class for their build (mostly forces) because it has some great damage boosts to striking and ranged, and enough skill points left over for a passive survival skill. Generally any two classes -can- be combined, it's just a question of what -should-. If you just want to do damage though, Ranger/Hunter, Braver/Hunter and Force/anything but ranger are good starting points.

Hunter - heavy striking weapons with survivability
    Fighter - light striking weapons with evasion
    Ranger - heavy ranged weapons with long range and ammo skills
    Gunner - light ranged weapons with evasion
    Force - has changed the least since PSO1
    Techer - wand whacker with better support
    Braver - Katana & Bow striking/ranged hybrid
    Bouncer - Jetboot & Dualblade striking/tech hybrid

Braver and Bouncer, despite being hybrids, are really good because they're balanced around being hybrids, so if you invest into one weapon entirely they become really strong. Since they only have one weapon for all situations, they have photon arts on that weapon for all situations, so they become swiss army knives. Other classes have to switch weapons to perform different roles.

Thank you all, its been extremely helpful! should my download be taking more than 8 hours?

^It depends on your internet speed, but the game's like over 25 Gigabytes so yeah, it'll take a while.