Default Saving created characters

I know it was possible in the character creator to save and import one you made into the actual game, but is it possible to save a character from the actual game client? I'm assuming not because it seems like they are all stored server side but I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

The reason I am asking this is because my old hard drive got corrupted and I originally made my character in the creator so I lost all my saved ones. I spent quite a few hours making the one I use now in game and liked to use it as a template of sorts for when I made other ones.

Also if this isn't possible I took the makeup counter into consideration just to record exactly how I customized everything, but I have never used that service before and don't know if it starts you off with your old template or makes you choose from the default ones like a brand new character?

If anyone could help me find a solution please let me know.

The character creator that pops up the first time in the actual game is the same as the one in the benchmark. You load/import characters the same way, and you save characters the same way. The only part that is different is the Makeup Counter, which is only for minor adjustments after you've made your character the first time.

As far as I'm aware, there's no way to export your character appearance data from the Makeup Counter. If that's what you were after, you may be out of luck...

I see, thanks for clarifying that for me. I guess my only option is to pay for the makeup counter and screenshot every feature of my avatar there. Then remake a character using those screens.

Assuming I can do this from the makeup counter right?

Quote Originally Posted by FineWine View Post
    I see, thanks for clarifying that for me. I guess my only option is to pay for the makeup counter and screenshot every feature of my avatar there. Then remake a character using those screens.

Assuming I can do this from the makeup counter right?
    The Makeup Counter actually has a respectable amount of free options, such as hairstyle swaps and accessory swaps. Opening it will cost you nothing. Only certain modification options are monetized. In short, you can open it and take screenshots for free.

I am not perfectly fluent in Japanese, so there is the off-chance that exporting a character's design data is possible in a hidden menu. However, I certainly could not find it at the Makeup Counter, and I don't have a reason to believe it exists.

Best of luck gathering screenshots and remodeling your character. You may find that this chance at a second pass will allow you to make a few positive modifications to your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixStryk View Post
    The Makeup Counter actually has a respectable amount of free options, such as hairstyle swaps and accessory swaps. Opening it will cost you nothing. Only certain modification options are monetized. In short, you can open it and take screenshots for free.

I am not perfectly fluent in Japanese, so there is the off-chance that exporting a character's design data is possible in a hidden menu. However, I certainly could not find it at the Makeup Counter, and I don't have a reason to believe it exists.

Best of luck gathering screenshots and remodeling your character. You may find that this chance at a second pass will allow you to make a few positive modifications to your avatar.
    Thanks a lot for your insight, you have helped me a lot just by telling me that. I will also take modifications into consideration while using the makeup counter service.

Thanks again.