Page 2 of 251 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Eyes need to be placed a little higher. If that can't be done at least emulate the effect by lowering the eyebrow position a bit.

Flyin' Freedom Fighter illegaleagle90's Avatar

Is there also First-Person View?

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by illegaleagle90 View Post
    not in the vanilla version, but there is a oculus rift mod somewhere that gives that though it's still in development. (And it breaks the ToA, just like our very existence in the server)

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Aside from the oculus mod, depending on what you want to do, you can use the camera options to force your character out of frame to take shots.

For example, this shot was taken with my character just to the left, then panning the camera.
    Spoiler!

And this one, I moved the camera to a position just above my character.
    Spoiler!

When doing shots like this, it's a good idea to take your mag off and use lobby actions that put you close to the ground (like Bed or that one that makes you twitch on the floor) to minimize the potential area your character model can show up in.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 1, 2015 at 10:38 PM.

Quick Question... How does one take screenshots with carefully constructed camera angles as well as displaying character expressions without it popping up on the UI or chat?
    Alongside the nw (No Window) that everyone else has also told you, there's also sXX, where S stands for seconds and XX is a number. So-

/ci6 2 nw s60

That'll get your character to close their eyes and talk, with no cut-in window, and they'll have that facial expression for 60 seconds. 60 might be a bit long for your needs but you get the idea, it'll give you a bit longer to get that perfect shot.

Quote Originally Posted by manthisis View Post
    I'm not exactly an expert on positioning :S Any tips?
    It helps to look at a drawing guide and a reference picture for any details. Here's an example:

Spoiler!

You only have so much freedom with all of these distances (distance between bottom of nose and top of lip, as well as top of head to top connection to ear are basically static for any particular "Face Type"). Thankfully, the style of the game gives a fair amount of leeway, and even without that you can bend a bit from that depending on what you want to do. It's great for checking your work though.

Drawing the lines on your character real quick
    Spoiler!

At the very least, I'd say the top of the eye should line up with the black line above it if at all possible. Most cartoon styles (including anime) generally still line the top of the eye with the ear vertically even if the eyes are much bigger than on a realistic face. You can try having the middle/bottom of the eye line up with it, just make sure that you look at it a hairstyle that has low bangs to see if you like it. That should also make the lower line placements more "normal".

While I'm here:

I had some facial changes and fine-tuning to make so I decided to go over it with the same idea. It was mostly about the nose, though eyes are also a problem.

I couldn't get the eye to vertically line up with the ear (newman ears 2big), so I can't even take my own advice. I could just make the face much smaller to fit it on, but then it looks odd with a max-height character.

So, I figured, why not try something different? So I matched eye angle to ear-angle because why not.
    Spoiler!
    With attire on:
    Spoiler!
    Comparison:
    Spoiler!

Can I get some suggestions? It probably doesn't look drastically different in screenshots but loading it up from current settings is a huge morph.
    Last edited by Walkure; Jan 2, 2015 at 06:03 AM.

With the Free Makeover Pass from the log-in campaign coming up, I was thinking of changing Kayla's hair color from its current jet-black to more of a dark brown.

This is the color I settled on:
    Spoiler!

With my normal accessories:
    Spoiler!

If I don't change the color, I'm just going to do some minor body adjustments to Noland (fix his T-Rex arms). Thoughts?
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 2, 2015 at 04:43 AM.

Victim of Dudu & Monica zegun~kun's Avatar

a little change of hair style on my Fo -- not so bad i think..
    Spoiler!

Flyin' Freedom Fighter illegaleagle90's Avatar

One last question before I attempt to show my characters off again... Does one need the Digi Ichi for screenshots that close and well angled?

One last question before I attempt to show my characters off again... Does one need the Digi Ichi for screenshots that close and well angled?
    Nope. Go to Quick Menu, then Camera Select. You will have the option to select three camera types aside from normal, and you can adjust them just like the digi ichi.