Default Error 249 while using PSO2Proxy

I recently decided to log back into PSO2 after a long period of inactivity, to see what was going on with the place. After downloading all the updates and translation files, I launched the game to be met with error 249. It was near time for emergency maintenance, so I shrugged my shoulders and decided to wait.

The next day I launched the Tweaker, signed in, and watched as sign-in took forever. Just before I figured it was gonna quit, I got in and spent some time wandering around, buying a few items, and playing dress-up. The usual, really. Trying to switch characters, however, gave me the 'ol 249, and I've been getting it since.

Since then I've tried getting rid of all the patches, resetting proxy and tweaker settings, verifying install, etc. to no avail. The servers aren't unknown, I can see them just fine. I just can't seem to connect.

Is it possible that the fact that I'm on College internet is playing a role in this? I never had an issue prior to this using PSO2Proxy.

(Oh, I'm using the updated Proxy url as well.)

EDIT: turned out to be the network, after all
    Last edited by Fenreil; Mar 18, 2015 at 05:20 PM. Reason: information as to resolved issue

You might have to talk with the IT of your college if they blocking ports or access to pso2 for going online, also did you use the newer json file now since they no longer use the old json file.

I am indeed using the newer file.

I suppose I'll wait until I can test it out on another network before doing anything else. If that ends up being the issue, I'll just update this post in case some poor soul in the future has the same problem.