Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I don't know if 4K is really the standard for PCs or even should be, but people can run a less graphically demanding game like PSO2 at 4K. There is no reason that the UI should look as bad as it does at 4K. I realize that 4K may not be a priority, but I don't think recalculating the UI scaling for 4K would be that difficult.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

PC gaming isn't exactly huge in Japan. A lot of people playing PSO2 run it on a potato; 4k support would be the last thing they care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    ... the 1300 for amphradite is out my league tho...
    Also need source on that.
    Last edited by kurokyosuke; Feb 11, 2019 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    PC gaming isn't exactly huge in Japan. A lot of people playing PSO2 run it on a potato; 4k support would be the last thing they care about.
    Well, JP has the PS4 Pro, which can do 4K. Wouldn't they at least be interested in 4K for that?
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

4k resolution really isnt that impressive compared to the performance hit modern gpu will take.. and console will struggle to even hit 30 fps like that

1440p still gets good frames and looks. granted the biggest jump between my 1080p and 1440p monitors was still the AA more than the added clarity.. law of diminishing returns kicks in around here.. also 1440p can still hit 144hz on a single gpu which 144hz is a bigger jump in difference compared to 1080p vs 1440p vs 4k

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Is this the reason why we still get locked 30/60 FPS games and things like knife damage tied to FPS?
    While 30 FPS is unforgivable, 60 FPS is good enough for most games that aren't about competing with other players (FPS, sports, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    funny joke had me laughed
    Not because you don't run games in 2160p means that it's not a standard. 90% of modern game I've purchased on Steam or GOG has a 2160p resolution. Even older games get a patch for 4K eventually (official source or fan made).
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Well, JP has the PS4 Pro, which can do 4K. Wouldn't they at least be interested in 4K for that?
    Pro? barely so. XOX is whole other deal, but MS consoles are also ded in JP.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    While 30 FPS is unforgivable, 60 FPS is good enough for most games that aren't about competing with other players (FPS, sports, etc.)

Not because you don't run games in 2160p means that it's not a standard. 90% of modern game I've purchased on Steam or GOG has a 2160p resolution. Even older games get a patch for 4K eventually (official source or fan made).
    And you're argument is equally not good. It's not because 90% of the games you purchase have the option that many players are interested or can even run 4k resolutions on their computers.
    If you factually look at GPU stats on steam for instance, the percentage of GPU used that can smoothly run 4k is around 12-13% of the total number of users.

And if you factor that JP players are not amongst the best equiped to run games on computers, that means that probably less than 10% of their player base could run 4k.
    They will not invest resources for that on a dying game.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Where did you hear 1300 for an Amphridite? Or is that just speculation?
    Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    Also need source on that.
    i had to triple check this info with some other people and its a mistake on my end
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I stumbled about this particular site, which has resolution popularity (http://gs.statcounter.com/screen-res...worldwide/2019). Unfortunately it does not have a gaming section. I was fairly certain Steam or some other popular platform had some statistics, but I can't find it.

Prepost edit: I actually found the one from Steam. 60% of the "share" goes to 1920x1080. 4K is at less than 2%. This is for January 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Pro? barely so. XOX is whole other deal, but MS consoles are also ded in JP.
    It is true that most PS4 games on PS4 Pro do not run 4K at 60fps. However, most PS4 games are also more graphically demanding than PSO2. I would think that PS4 Pro would have a good chance of running PSO2 at 4K with 60fps.