Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Also I've been saying for a while that they could easily make techs cost 50% on activation, then drain the rest of the pp cost over the course of the charge.

With PP revival you would lose PP at a rate just above what you normally recover for most/all techs. If you don't have PP revival you lose the remaining 50% at whatever the calculated amount/time rate is. Whether you have PP revival or not, if you run out of PP mid-charge you cast it as soon as you hit 0 pp.
    I was thinking it could work like Phantasy Star Zero and have the techs just use more pp when they're fully charged, but not let you finish charging if you don't have the PP.

You know, when Bouncer was announced to be a striking/tech hybrid, I was sure that the teching half of its tree was going to have something to do with enhancing normal techs. Outside of Elysion, normal casting is barely a blip in Force or Techer gameplay and I just find that a hideous waste of potential.

So ultimately, I always thought it was kinda stupid that one single weapon and its latent were so literally game changing, but I didn't have a problem with the actual game changing. I just would have liked to see a proper path for enhancing normal techs incorporated into a tree. Bouncer was a great opportunity for that, what, with it being a striking hybrid, but...they just...didn't.

At least they hopped on Meteor Cudgel before people really started emptying their pockets drinking the spin-to-win kool-aid.

Elysion fix:
    Latent has been moved to Techer and/or Bouncer skill trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    Who wants to take bets on the maximum number of cyclones?

I'm thinking either 3 or 5. Enough to not be noticeable to most players, but not enough to able to make level 3 cyclones off cyclone hits.
    This is what I'm hoping, but I'd like to see the limit tied to the gear. More gear = more tornadoes allowed. Or maybe the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I was thinking it could work like Phantasy Star Zero and have the techs just use more pp when they're fully charged, but not let you finish charging if you don't have the PP.
    This also works totally great and would be much easier and more intuitive than what I said (The only real difference is charging wouldn't slowly drain on the PP bar, I guess).
    Last edited by gigawuts; Sep 16, 2014 at 02:26 PM.

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

Why not keep the current speed of gear generation, but prevent the cyclones themselves from generating gear?

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Elysion fix:
    Latent has been moved to Techer and/or Bouncer skill trees.
    Fo already has a skill for it, it's just nowhere near as potent as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    This also works totally great and would be much easier and more intuitive than what I said (The only real difference is charging wouldn't slowly drain on the PP bar, I guess).
    The main reason I feel draining the pp during charging would be a bad idea is because the idea of letting Tech go early but not immediately, for whatever reason, would end up just wasting pp, unless there's a steady curve in the damage increase.

SEGA is killing their own game by giving no incentive to become skilled or explore the depths of the amazing gameplay of PSO2.

We need more diversity, more variety. This is an action game, not an RPG: numbers should not matter as much as gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    At least they hopped on Meteor Cudgel before people really started emptying their pockets drinking the spin-to-win kool-aid.
    At least we can still Limit break and sub BO to shoot blades to win!
    Zerexes - 70 Hu / 70 Fi / 70 Br / 70 Ra / 70 Gu / 20 Fo / 40 Te / 54 Bo
    SHIP 7

I just realized what you guys are talking about with gear and cyclones, and my ideal solution would be to have using the gear while it's active just increase the time rather than stack at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    We need more diversity, more variety. This is an action game, not an RPG: numbers should not matter as much as gameplay.
    Technically it's an action rpg and this is actually pretty common so...

But I don't disagree. in particular I think the gap between being a moderately geared TE/RA and the max possible potential needs to be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    SEGA is killing their own game by giving no incentive to become skilled or explore the depths of the amazing gameplay of PSO2.

Seems like it's an action game and an RPG to me.

FYI players that have no incentive now wouldn't bother becoming better players no matter what was done with it. Self improvement is something that a player needs to want for themselves, not because a game demands it of them. If the content becomes too difficult for them and requires self improvement, they'll simply whine about how hard it is, like every game that gets labeled "difficult". Only people that want to improve themselves will do so.

And "unique" play is not going to make a difference in any way. It'll just create more players that want to play their way, instead of actually learning how to play well.