Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

My boyfriend recently built us two computers from scratch and it cost roughly 300-500 dollars for each. I wouldn't say we have THE BEST COMPUTARS EVARRR but I think we are going to be very good for awhile. And the only advice I can give everyone, is that I second Newegg as the place to buy parts. They literally are the cheapest, and it's 3-day shipping. We got everything in nearly 3 days later (and we brought in parts multiple times).

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
    Yea I know we talk randomly on MSN how could you forget me?
    Lol I didn't forget you, I just didn't really expect to see you around here again.

Olaf, it's not just an empty shell. Computer cases come with fans, which are extremely important. They're fitted with a lot of little things inside that justify their price of $50 or so, though you can find them for a bit cheaper. You'd be able to build a rig that could play PSO2 flawlessly for around $400-$600 total.

Given that one would really need a pc to really get and intreact here It would be well to think they have PCs.
    That said you can get a case sub $30
    Have no computer hardware sales in your area? My college has them every year. SO we get things at a massive discount. Probably could get my pc as build for around $600-$800

Quote Originally Posted by Malachite View Post
    Olaf, it's not just an empty shell. Computer cases come with fans, which are extremely important. They're fitted with a lot of little things inside that justify their price of $50 or so, though you can find them for a bit cheaper. You'd be able to build a rig that could play PSO2 flawlessly for around $400-$600 total.
    Oh. Well, I did say I didn't know anything about computers. $400-$600 dollars is still a bit steep to me. There's no way I'll be playing PSO2 on release day at this rate. Damn.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Well, it is most likely going to come out in a time frame close to Christmas, so... ask for money? lol.

500 bucks is pretty good for a gaming rig, imo. Some people go so far as to spend $2000-$3000+

I dumped about 2k on my computer. $400 is a steal.

Dumped 1200$ on my I7 build and I <3 it

Everything from Newegg. So if you need advice on hi-end parts I can help ya out.

Zizan - [WhitexDragon] - Ecchi

So, I have a Compaq Presario PC SR5507F

It has a GeForce 6150 se graphics card and AMD Athlon Dual Core 4050e processor.

I KNOW this isn't good enough due to my computer unable to even run Team Fortress 2 properly.

I have installed a Graphics Card before and I was eyeing the GeForce GTS 250. But do I need a better processor? I also haven't installed one before; so how difficult is it?

Also I can't figure out how....how strong of a power supply I need to support a stronger graphics card or if I need one at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
    If anyone is questioning whether or not their PCs will RUN PSO2 post your stats and I can give you a fairly good guess(Wont be perfect) but it should be obvious to me fairly easily.
    Can you tell if my labtop could run PSO2 (aphla-level):

Acer - Windows 7

Processor: AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core Processor 2.20 GHz

RAM: 4 GB

System-type: 64 bit

I don't have a graphics card but from what the specs requirement says for the Alpha testing, it shouldn't be too expensive to get one. This labtop is one of those cheap models (Walmart ), so I know that gaming will be too lackluster for it...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Holy crap, it's like $50 dollars just for an empty computer casing? Even if I ever do get a job, this is going to take some serious saving up.
    You can get a low end case for around $20 if you look on Newegg.com

A total gaming built PC is probably going to be between 500->1200 dollars. You can of course go higher than that however, the law of diminishing returns shows up at some point around there.
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487