Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SOLVED: XBox One Controller on Windows 10: Right Trigger "stuck"

The long and the short: Got an XBox One controller, works fine for PSO2 on my Windows 7 PC with the official drivers; booted up the game on my Windows 10 laptop and when I get in game everything seemingly works, except the game is acting like I am holding down the right trigger. This means that I can't actually interact with things in my items menu because all it does is multi-select things when I move. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the controller, switching the drivers that it uses, but nothing seems to be helping. Anyone else experience this issue and/or found a solution?

I can probably get around this by using Xpadder or Joy2Key, but I would like to see if there is a solution to get this controller working the way it is supposed to. I might also consider doing a clean OS install to see if that will fix it.

Also please no, "LOL, Just use KB&M/a XBox 360 Controller."

UPDATE: Solved the issue. Had to download the compatibility drivers that were for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 and switch to them ("Microsoft XBox One Controller" instead of "XBox One Controller," and "HID-compliant input device" instead of "XINPUT compatible HID device").

EDIT: Just in case anyone else who has this issue doesn't know how to change the drivers:

Download the "PC drivers for Xbox One Controller" from here. (x64 if you have a 64-bit system, x86 if you have a 32-bit system)
    Install them onto your system using the .msi you just downloaded.
    Now, go into Control Panel>"Printers & Devices."
    Right click the controller, go to "Properties," then hit the "Hardware" tab; you should see three items.
    Click on "XBox One Controller," hit "Properties," hit "Change Settings," then go to the "Driver" tab.
    Hit "Update Driver," then "Browse my computer for driver software," then "Let me pick from a list...," uncheck "Show compatible hardware," then select "Microsoft XBox One Controller." A warning will pop-up, but continue anyway.
    Do the same and change "XINPUT compatible HID device" to "HID-compliant input device".
    Restart, and it should work now.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 1, 2016 at 04:26 PM.

I can definitely confirm this. I got Windows 10 Pro on both my Laptop and Desktop, and using the X-Box One Controller on PSO2 is a bit of an issue. Trying to remap controls is a bit of a nightmare, because configuring any button will immediately trigger the RT binding...I'm guessing this is on PSO2 itself, given that it probably needs to update its controller support for Windows 10, and any other game works perfectly with the controller.

Also curious, when attempting to calibrate the controller in the settings, the sensor already senses the Left Joystick pushing up, and I didn't touch anything...maybe Sega also needs to add X-Input Support as opposed to Analog. X.x

Thanks man, worked perfectly fine

Now if only we could get this working for the wireless adapter, which is treated as a network device because of WiFi-Direct. ;v
    Cyrus - RA70/HU70 - Envious of CASTs since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewood View Post
    Now if only we could get this working for the wireless adapter, which is treated as a network device because of WiFi-Direct. ;v
    So I'm getting your exact same issue.
    Smith is better than me.
    Periphery sucks.

Thank you, Anduril, this fix saved me big time when I was using just Micro USB.

Wanted to post a possible solution for this for those of us that use the new Xbox One Controller Wireless Adapter because the above solution isn't available with how Windows controls the wireless controller. This is for Windows 10. I had the same R Trigger being stuck on Windows 7, so it's very possible this might work on that as well. Will leave some additional info after this fix.

Anyways, PSO2 is the issue. Some other programs I use have the issue too. Current games like Fallout 4 work just fine with the current drivers. So really, the controller and adapter is fine. However, it's completely broken on other older things. I don't have any idea how to stop the R-Trigger from sticking within PSO2. However, it's possible to simply get around it.
    The basic idea is to disable the R-Trigger from within PSO2 and use a Macro Application to emulate a keyboard press with the R-Trigger. It will get around the stuck button and do exactly what it would normally do.

I use antimicro which you can grab here https://emulationrealm.net/downloads...-windows-64bit. Be sure to run as Administrator if your inputs aren't read on the game. Other programs might work, although I've had issues with Xpadder.

You need to get into the options on PSO2 and disable Evade Key on the Gamepad on both Action 1&2 and disable Select Multiple as well. Now nothing on pso2 will be using the stuck trigger!
    Now, go into keyboard settings and set both Evade and Select Multiple to one key. X, or whatever works for you.
    Now you need to get into antimicro, find the R Trigger setup, and make the key X. It will be working if you can go into PSO2 chat and pressing the R Trigger types X. Now you will have the same functionality as the default controller. Wirelessly!

Other things...
    Obviously, you cannot use direct chat if you use this work around.
    Be cautious that the Macro Application your using doesn't have the R Trigger stuck on it as well, this will make it useless.
    I had very strange issues with the wireless adapter where no inputs were working. I got it back to being stuck by messing around with the drivers or rebooting.
    I've played with Macros for years, with no GameGuard issues. Don't sweat that.

antimicro 32bit https://emulationrealm.net/downloads/file/3373-antimicro
    antimicro 64bit https://emulationrealm.net/downloads/file/3374-antimicro-windows-64bit
    Last edited by noobcombo; May 5, 2016 at 04:11 AM.

Victim of Dudu & Monica zegun~kun's Avatar

^
    you sir, are my hero

You've found a light for this chaos, you sir are my hero.

So how do you fix with the 3 button binding, I found out that I change LT as lock on and it keep binding with evade.

The link above for antimicro is dead and I'm still having the similar issues on windows 10. I'm using an xbox one controller with a wireless receiver, and I cant figure out how to trick the game into seeing the proper LT and RT configuration. From what I can glean, it reads z+ as one trigger, and z- as another. I tried using x360ce to see if emulating an old 360 pad might work, and I've also run through the driver changes mentioned in the thread for both wired and wireless. I've also tried rolling back the driver as mentioned here. the configurator in-game wont read anything and has to be cancelled to proceed. does anyone have a working setup?