Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Character models not loading

This is a rather peculiar error issue, but one that is completely game breaking.

No character models are loading within the game, whatsoever. This includes my own character, NPC character models, AND Hostile Enemy models.

Anyone else had this issue, or know a fix for it, as the game is completely unplayable like this.

Is it that the models stay in the grey form that they take before they fully load, or are they not there at all? Have you checked your connection? If it isn't that then you should check for missing files. If you use the PSO2 tweaker, click the orb, then under there there should be a "troubleshooting" menu. Choose to check the install for problems, and check for old/missing files.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

UPDATE:

Still not fixed. I've un-installed and reinstalled, Updated all my graphics drivers, made sure my system specs are able to run the game, and even cleared 200gb of space on my hard drive.

I'm getting desperate now, and I've tried everything in the "All errors ever" post.

I really need help here

They are not there at all. I've done everything in my power to try and fix it. I've done both of those troubleshooting tasks, and still nothing.

Weird, I can't really think of anything more. It may be a hassle considering the download for the game is pretty big, but have you tried reinstalling?
    Last edited by Zysets; Mar 22, 2014 at 08:16 PM.

Yep. I did that too. Still nothing.

I can post screenshots too if it helps. Everything works, I still get story mode dialogue, but no models to go along with the speech.

It may be your computer, but I find it unlikely since I'm using a fairly bad laptop with shared vram and processing power. I really don't know what the issue may be. Sorry I couldn't help.

Have you done windows update at the latest and installed DX9 runtime as well for your issue?

Yes, Windows update is up to date, as is Direct X.

I've just finished doing another missing files check, and still nothing. I'm really starting to think I shouldn't even bother with the game now

Check your char model settings in game config.
    Do you have enough space on your HD? This game needs a lot of gigs.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?