Thread: Best attribute?

Default Best attribute?

This may have been covered before, but I wanted to get the facts straight.

Is fire actually stronger than the other attributes?

I know its a very common weakness on enemies so its popular because
    its applicable in almost every area. But is it actually stronger compared
    to the others. I've heard it is, and it isn't.

If it is literally stronger than the others, will they be buffing the other attributes?

Can someone clarify this for me? Would be very helpful.

(P.S. Any links to prior forums about this would be great, not trying to
    bring up a dead topic, but it's still very relevant in-game.)

Err, I'm pretty sure it isn't "stronger" than any other attribute. Also enemies are starting to not be weak against fire in the newer areas. Darkers have changed from being weak to Fire and Light to Lightning and Light for example.

Right now, the three wanted elements are:

Fire (Naberius TA, Forest, Desert, Tundra, City and Insect Darkers in other maps)
    Lightning (Lilipa TA, Mechs in Desert, Mines and Stone Darkers in other maps)
    Light (Amdusica TA, Desert, City, Ruins and all Darkers in other maps)

Now, all elements do the exact same thing and have the exact same power, but it is highly dependant on the enemy, as all elements increase damage against all enemies, but the damage increases varies depending on the elemental resistances of an enemy. It's given that whatever an enemy is weak to will increase damage the most, but this increase will vary depending on each enemy.

How elements work:

Elements essentially increase the base damage of your weapon (wouldn't say attack), which is then further increased by PA modifiers. As expected, higher attack on your weapon (sans affixes) is going to increase the effectiveness of an element.

Elemental Increase: (Attack of Weapon, including grinds, excluding affixes / 5 * Elemental Multiplier) * Enemy Resistance Multiplier (this ranges from 1.2~1.3 on weak enemies)

(Damage Formula = (Damage + Elemental Increase) * PA Modifier) - For striking and ranged

To take an example;

A 50 element Lambda Radiegul with Fire, Light, Wind etc. will have an extra +222 base damage added to all attacks. Assuming we're attacking something with the correct element, this extra attack number can become as high as 288 before PA multipliers, which is a pretty significant increase. I don't believe the numbers for resistances on all enemies are known, but assuming nothing has resistances that would lower the elemental increase, you will get an extra 222 base across the board.

Taking this knowledge, I've always wondered if it's even worth hunting the 10*s when it's not too difficult to make 50 elemental 7~9*s (assuming you're not poor like everyone on PSO-World seems to be), and given that 10*s can drop with low elements / none.

thanks for the info! very helpful ^_^;
    Character: Combo
    Ship: 2
    Lobby: 20 & 9
    Class: 47 GU 44 RA
    Manager of Team Rocket

Can't go wrong with Light because Darkers are on every map. Better to have any element at all than none though, even if nothing is weak to it.