Default Kairi Li's Song Covers

Vocal Covers Youtube Playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...5&feature=plcp

Newest songs are on top of the Youtube play list! There are a total of 72 songs I have sung so far! Below are some of my personal proudest ones!

Full mix with music mp3: https://app.box.com/s/2hrb43pq7bguiydv56wb (Thanks youtube copyright blocks...)

Feedback and constructive criticism is welcome!
    Last edited by Kairi_Li; Apr 22, 2014 at 10:41 PM.

Nice voice you have there - I definitely see some potential! I didn't have time to listen to them all, so my main critique will be on what I've noticed from "Stories", "Radical Dreamers", and "Feel". (These are the only songs I'm familiar with, it wouldn't be fair to judge you on ones I do not know!)

So, here are my suggestions:

* Try to keep your vowels forward - you tend to aim your to the back of your throat, so it has a "swallowed" sound to it. Aiming towards the soft palate can put a damper on a rich, resonant sound, so try to aim for the hard palate and create enough space in your mouth. You want your mouth to be like a mini-cathedral, with high walls and hard surfaces for the sound to resonate off of.

* Be sure to utilize good breath support to steady your vibrato. Right now it's a bit uneven/erratic! Also, don't give out on the note too soon, especially during moving passages! In these, you have a tendency to start the note on pitch, but don't sustain it with your breath, so it drops in pitch. Sing through the vowel and maintain that lovely sound of yours! Also practice your onsets so the start of phrases aren't so breathy. I would speak the words on pitch and then sing the passage - this is what my voice teacher does for me, and it helps me really practice getting into my fullest, richest sound. Try to 'lean' into the sound more.

* Watch your dipthongs - you tend to go into the second part of the dipthong too soon. You can get a purer sound if you stick to the first vowel in the dipthong, and then put the second vowel towards the very end of the note (or on a rest, if there is one!)

I really like your voice in a lower tessitura! It suits it very well. Do you happen to know what fach you are? I think Radical Dreamers was my favorite - it was very pretty! Keep singing and developing your voice.

Completlely revamped the first post. Megaupload being dead meant all the old links are dead. So instead, check my new vocal covers on youtube!

Playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...5&feature=plcp

Latest Cover:

Mp3 sounds better though, youtube tends to muddle the quality a bit.

https://www.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_6926938952

You can probably tell from the song that this took forever to mix!

So let me know what you think guys!
    Last edited by Kairi_Li; Apr 22, 2014 at 10:34 PM.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Man... that's crazy. If you didn't tell me that was you singing, I would have figured it was just a random official song link with the real artist. Your voice sounds really professional. There's a certain clarity about it, so I can tell you've been singing for a while.

I'm an amateur voice actor (been one for a couple of years now), so I pick up on little things in regards to voices and such, heh. Anyway, just wanted to say I was impressed and I hope you keep it up~! You've definitely got a talent here

Awesome. More musical people from the woodwork. Musicians, composers, and vocal artists of "A whole new PSO-World" unite. You just had to start off by hitting me with the Disney stuff, of which I'm quite the fan. One thing I always notice is that those good at english vocals tend to totally rock the Japanese tracks. I even notice that I tend to have a special inflection when I do songs in Japanese myself. Probably has a bit to do with the limitations of the sounds within the language which lend itself to strong held vowels for every word which also strengthen the clarity of the consonants they begin with. It gives one more time to bring their natural emotional vibratos to the song.

Still, nice work here. I would say if there's anything I can sort of hear to improve is on your breathing. There's just little times in there where the timing of the breath delays the timing of the vocal just enough to sound like there's an attempt to pronounce it on the beat but still a bit behind. Easier to hear that in the English tracks. I'd say you're close and in time you'd nail that too, either by finding a different word in the phrase to breathe behind, or making it to the end of the phrase.

Still, very nice stuff. Keep up with it.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

I really like your voice, you should try to send some pieces to CaptainPlanet ( he's doing a movie of Phantasy Star ) and see what he think's. It would total rock if you were singing in it. Akaimizu could also help you with that too, If he want's too.

As of April 2014, I have sung 72 song covers so far.

Find them all here!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5&feature=plcp

Newer songs added include Frozen, Nier, Silent Hill 3, Xenosaga, Little Mermaid Broadway Musical, Kalafina, Zone of the Enders and more!