Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need to have some real fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2006-06-03 21:21 ]</font>

you have to be kidding, they won't allow censored words and stuff because that would offend people and that is not a positive thing for an online community.

psu does not censor words like basement and shoes anymore but...
    they censor seperated cuss words now. for example, "fu ck" would be censored -_-

everyone get your fu.cking periods ready, they still work well.
    Quit PSO2

Why notnthe option to not have it or have it..

i agree. i dont get offended by words.

techn0rganic

its basically pointless since people get around it by changing I's to 1's, and other leet styles.

The censor IS better this time around, though!
    I remembered hating on that damm thing so bad in all the PSOs because it was SHEER INCOMPETENCE to release a billion versions of the game and NEVER FIX IT. I mean, it was the lazyest thing that proved to heck that ST just phailed at careing about the USA ver of the game...They should've had that thing in the bag since dreamcast v2, but they've kept it the same all the way thru BB...there is no damm excuse.

Satahday. Damm. Shoos. Spaciifically. Farrtther away.
    I took the opportunity in a quiet corner of PSU to try shouting some (correctly spelled) versions of the above, and for the most part they've got it right. I did a post about it, but it went far off this page. Krack still must have 2 'k's, though.

As for the reason, it's to keep the game's rating down and allow everyone to buy it. You don't want PSU to be stuck "Rated M" because it'd make it too hard to buy. If they censor the main swears they can at least throw a "T for teen" on it with the 'content changes for online play' disclaimer because they know everyone is going to put period and space etc. and just say it anyway--but they can say they tried.

Got someone who could translate this request into proper Japanese?
    How about if we were to have just about everyone submit it on this page? They're actually waiting for requests for improvements, so, if people are going to massively complain about it, this might work, right?

Well, I think a filter would be best. Number one, yes they have to default block the language. But another thing as well - the community in its entirety is not composed of 20-somethings living alone. Its not as big of an issue for me now becuase I can play it in my room or at college, but growing up playing Phantasy Star there'd be times where I'd have to try and find a safe lobby when my mother was present, and there was not much more annoying than that.

Of course parents have an obligational tendency to blow things like that out of proportion so becuase some jerk couldn't express himself in more than two words (or made some heinously obnoxious symbol in symbol chat) I had to take the big run-around. I wasnt fortunate enough to have a tv/internet connection in my room, or be alone all the time. Those words have their place - but a filter'd be best, so maybe we wouldnt have need of as many perioded words flying past the radar.

it wouldn't hurt for them to expand their vocabulary, than blaming censorship for 'limitations'.