Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme EQ Lag

Default Extreme EQ Lag

Hello everyone, pardon me if this is the wrong section ask this sort of question, as I am rather new to the forums.

Over the last few months of playing PSO2, I haven't noticed many issues aside from incessant lag during EQs. Normally, during regular MPAs with friends or randoms, lag is nonexistent, but in numerous different EQs, actions can take upwards of 40 seconds before they actually register. Some examples include a PA hitting an enemy on my screen, only to see the actual damage numbers appear several seconds later, or drinking a dimate only to have the actual healing effect occur nearly a minute later, or getting fatally hit by an enemy attack, only to actually die many moments later.

This problem has become extremely frustrating, and only occurs during EQs as far as I am aware. Any solutions would be appreciated for this issue, as some EQs become unplayable with the amount of lag going on.

I currently do not use the proxy nor any VPN to connect to the PSO2 servers, as a point of reference.

A simple router/modem reset might help the issue.
    Overall, it just sounds like it is an issue with your connection to the server when it is under stress from people getting on during EQs.
    Assuming you are ship02, an EQ is coming up in 30 minutes; try pinging 210.189.208.16 before and during.
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 18, 2015 at 12:34 AM.

I tried pinging it now, as a test run, and all of my requests time out. This was done on command prompt, and the results repeat itself when done from the Tweaker using the troubleshooting option. Is this normal, or should this be extremely worrisome?

Shouldn't be much of a concern, I connect just fine but also get constant timeouts when trying to ping the server; seems to be an ISP issue (I'm on TWC).
    Honestly, best thing I can suggest aside from the aforementioned hardware reset is to make sure you aren't running anything else that may be sucking bandwidth while trying to play EQs.

I don't run anything else when I'm playing PSO2, unfortunately. Perhaps I should try resetting before any EQs.

If you use, or know any free VPMs, do you believe they might help? The proxy, for reference, has not improved nor worsened the lag I experience.

If this has been happening consistently, it don't think a VPN will help since you will in theory just be increasing the number of connections you are making.
    Just curious, what's your up/down speed?

If we base it off speedtest, as I forgot what my provider actually advertised or gave.

Download: 29 mbps
    Upload: 28 mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Soonhee View Post
    If we base it off speedtest, as I forgot what my provider actually advertised or gave.

Download: 29 mbps
    Upload: 28 mbps
    You should have plenty of bandwidth, then; something must be bottle-necking you. Is it just your PC connected (wired or wireless), or are there other devices connected? Also, what's your ping to yahoo.jp?

If you mean to the home wifi, there tend to be multiple computers connected. That may be the problem here, as they tend to be watching videos or playing their own games. However, simultaneously, I do not get major lag in other multiplayer games, such as LoL (albeit LoL's servers are much closer than PSO2).

My ping to yahoo.jp, via Command Prompt, is 197 ms.

I just want to say thank you in advance for helping me thus far. I really appreciate it.

No problem. But yeah, it seems like that may be what's causing the bottleneck. Even with your bandwidth, with so many other things pulling it and the distance from and general issues with the servers you're going to be experiencing this lag. If your PC is currently on Wi-Fi, connecting it via Ethernet may mitigate the problem a bit, but if you are already wired, not sure what can help at this point.