Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The last days i tried to connect too on PSP2 and PSP2i and i got the same message error (sg3126). I sent an email to Sega and ask them is the servers down or up and if is possible to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by arena128 View Post
    The last days i tried to connect too on PSP2 and PSP2i and i got the same message error (sg3126). I sent an email to Sega and ask them is the servers down or up and if is possible to fix them.
    In the case of PSP2, it could be anything. However, I'm placing my guesses on the restructuring and disabling the servers to save whatever money is left. PSP2i announced they were shutting the servers down on the 29th of last month. Both games are on an outdated handheld system for a number of years already.

Sega won't bring them back because PSO2 is their current cash cow and majority of their focus is porting it to the PS4.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I had more fun with PSPo2 than any other Phantasy Star game since Dreamcast. I would much rather have an HD console version of this than a localized PSO2, although neither is gonna happen. I'm usually a graphics whore but this is a game I still play a lot of off line. If they ported it to PS4 or XB1 I'd probably have a heart attack.

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    ... it looks like it's about time to use the PSP emulator if you want to keep playing.
    Indeed! Don't fret. PPSSPP is awesome! Just played some challenge mode over PPSSPP and Evolve VPN. I'm not going to lie. Sometimes connectivity over VPN and PPSSPP is really flaky, but once it's working it's glorious.

If you choose NOT to use the emulator, you should still be able to play with others (using your PSP). You'll need custom firmware on your PSP so that you can connect to the Prometheus server. You'll also need to enable UPnP and/or DMZ. A guide can be found here:
    http://forum.coldbird.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14

The Profound Duckness SuperCentipede's Avatar

Are you able to use your existing PSPo2 characters in PPSSPP?

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCentipede View Post
    Are you able to use your existing PSPo2 characters in PPSSPP?
    Indeed. Just copy your savedata into the respective folder in the emulator folder. The next time you boot up the emulator, it'll automatically recognize all your game saves. You can even transfer game saves from the emulator to the PSP console the same way.

Play on-the-go or at your computer. Pretty awesome. :}