Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If they're using a table designed using a relational data model, doing an AND search should be child's play in comparison to most other manipulations in the game I would think...

There are a lot of updates that could be made to the GUI as a whole, I do like that SEGA's been implementing small improvements in an iterative fashion, but a lot of aspects of the user interface do need improvement, and I feel that SEGA would benefit greatly from allowing us at least some level of customization in our HUD. Not all players function in the same way, so allowing us to place different indicators in different positions may help us prioritize and arrange our design to maximize how we'd like to play.

PSU post expansion search was far superior to pso2, elements and grinds you could type key words to search for them, any amount of key words, and of course it had a min and MAX for price and rarity... I want to buy food for my mag, don't show me 10*!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    I know it's fun to bash sega for being cheap but getting new servers is not easy.
    Oh yes it is.
    They just need more of them, is all. Slap on a load balancer and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Netro Shine View Post
    This is a super niche question, but does anybody know what kind of storage methodologies and search algorithms SEGA uses for the Item Shop on the Visiophone?
    Inb4 sql injection.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArcher View Post
    The best was in Vanilla PSU: you searched for an item, it showed players that had the item for sale. You then had to transport to their room, view their shop, see the item at a retarded price, and do it all again.
    omg lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    PSU post expansion search was far superior to pso2, elements and grinds you could type key words to search for them, any amount of key words, and of course it had a min and MAX for price and rarity... I want to buy food for my mag, don't show me 10*!
    Yeah, any developer with a couple of weeks sql experience can write you that code in 5 minutes.
    And the point is, better search = less lag.
    Atm the search shows far too many results and fetching and displaying them eats a hell lot of unnecessary resources.