Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soloing AQ's

Default Soloing AQ's

So I've played for a couple months now, mostly pretty casual though with a friend, and he recently decided to stop. I know that a lot of this game seems to be built with multi-player in mind, but I tend to keep to myself and I'm hoping to be able to solo the AQ's and, if possible, get enough capsules each time to sustain myself (at least for a few risk).

So I'm wondering whether anyone has much experience solo'ing the ones we have so far. I know a lot of people hate it when balance is brought up, but which class(es) tend to perform the best doing this sort of thing solo? I imagine all the classes can do it, but if some are able to do it more safely at higher risk, or perhaps quicker to get more capsules, it would be nice to consider it. Also, I assume I would want to be at least level 51-52 so I don't get diminished experience, but is it unwise to do it before 55/55 since I'll be solo?

Also, if there are any particular things that gave anyone trouble, or other things that might be worth considering but aren't immediately apparent, that would be much appreciated as well. And if there is already a thread like this, I apolgoize for wasting people's time, but I couldn't seem to find another thread asking. Thank you in advance for any advice, suggestions, or opinions!

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

don't solo AQs. takes too long and just isn't worth the payoff

Yeah, main thing is that bursts will suck this way and drop rates just feel lower on average. You also clearly won't get the extra enemies in the boss room because you're alone there. I've done it numerous times and its not hard, but I really wouldn't say its worthwhile unfortunately.

The drop rate of the capsule isn't that sustainable if you solo, and the drop will decrease alot.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I agree that while it's doable, it's really not worthwhile.

What ship are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    What ship are you on?
    I'm on ship 2, I understood it to be the one majority of the english players are on. It's unfortunate to hear how much worse it is solo, I've enjoyed most of the content in smaller numbers more than larger groups. Maybe that's just me being odd, I know it's an MMO and I certainly understand why it focuses on group play, but (particularly as melee fighter/hunter) playing in groups has been much less exciting to me, unless it's a small group.

It could be very different in AQ's, I expect things certainly live a lot longer and there are many more enemies, so I don't mean to judge before trying, I've just been largely turned off to larger groups from the way it's been while leveling (for my own personal tastes, of course, nothing at all against those that enjoy it)

soloing isn't worth it. Stuff doesn't live that long in AQ, but it's better than VH MPAs where, as a melee, you were liking not even getting to hit anything.

I've been able to get enough advance capsules to sustain myself for four cycles of the current three quests solo, and have enough to start a fifth.

I do have issues finishing the forest and desert quests before time runs out, though.

I would do them with a group, but getting one seems impossible, moreso since I'm not playing on a ship with an english community.

most people on these forums are on ship 2. hit up player matchup and make some friends, sir.