Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    You don't know how glad I am to have decent tech pics. I have looked through pretty much every picture in that thread (barring the more recent ones), and they failed to provide very many tech pics.
    Might have a few more I can pass you. I recorded quite a bit of footage (HDD is running out of space though. Got a few 10-15 GB raw avi files. orz) but as I tend to use only a handful of techs in actual combat, I may need to take a few on purpose when the servers get back up.

@Spellbinder: I'm not sure if it's a case of switching between skill trees... it looks more like all three skill trees are used simultaneously on my character. I have to test a bit more though, since it's a bit new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    Might have a few more I can pass you. I recorded quite a bit of footage (HDD is running out of space though. Got a few 10-15 GB raw avi files. orz) but as I tend to use only a handful of techs in actual combat, I may need to take a few on purpose when the servers get back up.
    I would love to have more pics. Unfortunately I don't really have the means to edit videos to get a few seconds for the techs, or else I would want those as well.

That's going to be it for me tonight everybody. Thanks so much for your assistance and contributions, I got a whole lot more up tonight than I thought I would. I'll be back tomorrow to update more.
    Last edited by Jonth; Apr 22, 2012 at 01:09 AM.

@Spellbinder: I'm not sure if it's a case of switching between skill trees... it looks more like all three skill trees are used simultaneously on my character. I have to test a bit more though, since it's a bit new to me.
    I'm fairly sure its switching. You have to go to the class switching menu to pick one as if you were changing to Hunter or Ranger. For example, on one of my trees I went through the left side to get the PP Charging skill, but if I switch to the other tree I can't use it.

Just another fyi - if you're concerned about SP, don't be. I just found out what they mean by buying extra skill trees. You can buy two, three or maybe four skill trees, and each comes with their own skill points. ie: spend 10 AC for each extra skill tree, get an extra empty tree with all the SP you've gained thus far to specialize in a specific branch.

Still not sure how I feel about this though. Feels a little hax TBH.
    It's highly likely you'll have to set one to Active, so you won't be able to have 60+ SP active at Lv.20, and 120+ at Lv.40. You probably set it at the same NPC you set your SP at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    Great stuff everyone, keep it coming. Special thanks for correcting me on the descriptions, all I really have for a reference was PSU, so you can see me making that mistake. Might not get everything updated tonight as I must go to bed soon, but I do a bit.

Also, glad to hear that rods can hit multiple targets. Is there a limit on the number of enemies they will hit in one swing?
    Some more things I've noticed:
    Foie - Enemies can be skimmed by the Fireball. For example, if you're aiming at an enemy far out, and the Fireball passes another enemy very closely but it doesn't directly interfere with the Fireball, both enemies will take damage. This is hard to perform, so I might be a little off on how it works, but I've noticed hitting enemies close to me when shooting at enemies far away. Unfortunately since I got RaFoie I kind of don't use regular Foie at all anymore, so I didn't experiment too much with this.

Zonde - Can hit multiple targets. Zonde is basically Lightning RaFoie.

RaZonde - Might want to mention that height helps the range of this ability. Jumping or placing a Card in the air can dramatically increase the effectiveness of this spell.

GiZonde - Essentially Chain Lightning.

SaZonde - I BELIEVE this ability can stack upon itself. It's hard to really test it except on some boss monsters (That lizard thing burrows far too much to be a stable testing monster). If you go SaZonde -> Zonde -> SaZonde, I believe the second SaZonde is set off by the tick damage of the first SaZonde. I intend to test this more when I get the skill to recover PP while charging, because I don't have enough to test it thoroughly without it.

Barta - Not a linear path. It's based on the terrain. It will travel down hills and around rocks. This is best observed in the Volcano areas.

RaBarta - Does 4 hits. 2 when first cast, then 2 more over time.

GiBarta - I believe it does 4 hits just like RaBarta, but the range is awful so I barely used this Tech. I can test it more if wanted.

Shifta + Deband - I suspect that they made Shifta effect all attack powers, and Deband effect all defenses, much like they did in PSP2 (if I remember correctly). I don't know if your stat tables are updated though, but I can take a look at the skill description after maintenance.

RaGrants - From what I noticed from the NPC using it, this seems to be a quick 1-hit skill that has a range similar to RaBarta, however hits like RaFoie. It seems to hit once, in the entire range. I can take a screenshot of this ability next time I'm using the NPC. I really wish I could get a Disc of this to give more information on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    PSO2 techs all function the same as in PSO. Not hard at all for some of us.
    Eh I never said it was hard to figure out, especially with the fancy skill icons, however I feel like it made more sense to have the prefix reference what type of spell it will be. Seemed to be more thought out that way. Here it just seems like the first spell they thought of after the base one got X Prefix, while the second got Y prefix, which is possible that's how they did it when making PSO1.

Barta kinda arcs when fired up too, It doesn't travel in a straight line until it makes contact like Foie, but it does follow terrain once it lands like usual. Makes it pretty hard to hit aerial targets with it though.

Nothing like a giant stream of Ice falling from the sky though.
    Spoiler!

Sazonde status in effect for reference while I'm here. From what I can tell charge makes it last longer, but it should be tested to see if charging makes the DoT hit higher.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Nanotae; Apr 22, 2012 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Spoiler boxs

The Reverser you mention is called Anti. Anti is the PSO name for the effect you described. PSU used the name Reverser, but in PSO2 it is Anti.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

From what I can tell with Sazonde, is that it does damage twice if uncharged and 4 times when fully charged.

Edit: It's too laggy I think to say for sure how many times, but the damage seemed the same. Charged and uncharged.
    Last edited by Spellbinder; Apr 22, 2012 at 05:35 AM.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    From what I can tell with Sazonde, is that it does damage twice if uncharged and 4 times when fully charged.

Edit: It's too laggy I think to say for sure how many times, but the damage seemed the same. Charged and uncharged.
    I've been trying to test this too, but having the same issue being able to tell due to lag.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Hm...Should you add the gunslash to the list of weapons? While all classes can use it, it's still one of the options open to the Force.
    The real hardcore players are the ones having fun! ...Me? Hehe...

Okay, new info has been updated. I am currently in need of some more pictures (both of techs, and weapons (if you can, equip said weapon and get a good pose showing the weapon real well)), info (such as stats) of weapons, and a bit more research done on a few of the techs. Everything is coming along great, thanks again.