Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is good news! At least it isn't hopeless & action can be taken.

Is there a reliable place to get 2015.10.2.2215 ?
    Because 143 MB is like 2 or 3 hours of DL time, and if it ends up being the wrong one (The names of the files don't have this number) I could be forever doing it. There's also a batch of results but I think they're in Dutch?

Also, once DL'd, this 2015.10.2.2215, how does it replace the newer version that's already there? I've never even come close to encountering anything like this. (Am on Windows 7)

Is the Avast forum (1st result on google) reliable for getting that?
    How likely is it that another update for GG or Avast is on the way soonish?

The problem does not appear to be self solving.
    Do you think the "issue the dev team is aware of" with Windows Defender (the AV that I think is on win 7, 8 and 10) will make them do a change to GG and resolve this whole mess?

In the meantime, is it known if you have to use this thing:
    http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe

The avast clear-er tool to totally remove the modern version to put that old 2015.10.2.2215 in its place?

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    The problem does not appear to be self solving.
    Do you think the "issue the dev team is aware of" with Windows Defender (the AV that I think is on win 7, 8 and 10) will make them do a change to GG and resolve this whole mess?

In the meantime, is it known if you have to use this thing:
    http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe

The avast clear-er tool to totally remove the modern version to put that old 2015.10.2.2215 in its place?
    I did not use that, all I did was use the "Add or Remove programs" function and click on uninstall. I never had an issue with Windows Defender as it relates to PSO2's functionality.

I don't know what browser you use, but Avast has a web protector with it, and you can just look for the outdated version of Avast while have the most current version of Avast active to take the safer path. I tried to look up exactly where I got mine from and link you to it, but it says the webpage no longer exists, it was from filehorse though.

However, if whenever you go to download what whatever website says is the outdated version and as you are downloading it you realize it is downloading it from this address http//files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe (I wont link it by deleting the colon), that will always be the most current version and it'll be about 151MB. So cancel that and try looking for another one, remember it'll be about 143MB and will not be downloading from that address. Sorry for the late response.
    *+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*
    "The eyes are the window of the soul." (...but these are pixels, so they are a window to Albums.)

Just out of curiosity is there only trustworthy anti-virus other then avast?

i use windows defender. works fine for me.

the only virus i ever got on windows 10 was an old one that didnt even work on windows 10.

it crashed itself on startup, then i just deleted the fucker.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I don't remembering seeing this being posted anyway AFAIK so here it is:
    Latest Avast build 10.4.2233 works again! They finally fixed that damned gameguard issue.

Avast does indeed work again....at least till this happens again :/