Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

I updated my post with various info.
    Also moved the Infected Dropships section back out of enemies because people seem to ignore them.
    They are probably the highest cause of deaths in TD3.

Edit: I thought about it a little more. I think this is how it's being handled:

Waves:
    - Wave 1: Gwanada x2
    - Wave 2: Wolgarda x2
    - Wave 3: Decol Maluda x2 and Bleu Ringarda x1
    - Wave 4: Zeshirayda + RandomA x Total number of mini-bosses for wave 4 (likely 3-4).
    - Wave 5: Dark Ragne, then Ragne again after the first is defeated. Both accompanied by RandomA x Total number of mini-bosses for wave 5 (likely 4-6).
    - Wave 6: Dark Biblas + RandomB x Total number of mini-bosses for wave 6 (likely 1-2).
    - Wave 7: Falz Arms + RandomB x Total number of mini-bosses for wave 7 (likely 3-5).
    - Wave 8: Falz Hunar, then Biblas Yuga. Both accompanied by RandomB x Total number of mini-bosses for wave 8 (likely around 6).
    - RandomA includes: Maluda, Wolgarda
    - RandomB includes: Maluda, Wolgarda, Ragne, Zeshirayda, Ringarda, Arms.

I think they're determining the mini-bosses we get by either random chance (lower chance of harder bosses), or....

Perhaps it picks bosses based on a point system.
    For example:
    Maluda, Wolgarda = 1 point.
    Arms, Zeshirayda = 2 points.
    Ringarda, Ragne = 3 points.
    It picks the bosses based on what's defined as available (Random set A, or B, or maybe C)

Then, each Wave has a limit on the points allowed for bosses to spawn at certain times of the Wave.
    For example (this is not an actual scenario, just theory):
    Say, during a Wave, there could be 6 allocated total points.
    That means you could get any combination of up to 6 Maludas and/or Wolgardas. Or you could get 3 Arms. Or 1 Zeshirayda and 2 Arms.

Something like that.
    Problem with random is if they set a limit of 5 spawns during a Wave.
    Although Ragne spawn might be 1%, you could theoretically end up with 5 Ragnes if you're terribly unlucky, which would be like playing Left4Dead.
    So, I think they must be using some kind of spawn-limiting system to make sure it's actually doable.
    I know that's giving SEGA a lot of credit though.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 18, 2014 at 12:18 AM.

Funny thing is that on wave 7 with a few certain JP pug MPAs, a few JPs lured the last mobs clockwise around the map while the others collected the 30 point crystals until there was almost enough to make a total 10k points. The dual AIS sessions for almost everyone more than made up for the time lost for that method on wave 8 though since all the bosses and mobs were getting obliterated very quickly.

Edit: After another TD3 run playing mostly crystal collector and II megid aggro bait, I'd say this is definitely a viable strategy from waves 4 and up to get the 10k crystals needed. The results with PUGs were a bit better with towers having a bit more health. Plus, you can take a bit of pressure off the MPA instead of huge mobs spawning constantly and not having enough PP to get aggro from them.
    Last edited by Melodys; Jul 18, 2014 at 09:34 AM.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Protip: Use War Cry or Showtime. This shit works. I saved a tower by luring a massive swarm of Goldrahdas and a Decol Malluda away with War Cry. Do this any time you find yourself defending a tower by yourself. I don't care how amazing you are, if you have the option to, this makes everyone's lives better to suck it up, War Cry, and lure mobs a fair distance away before going nuts.

Edit: Small note: I rewatched my recording, and there were only 2 Falz Arms simultaneously. Defeating one spawned Dark Ragne. The 'third' Falz Arm I saw was a visual glitch where the original Falz Arm stays visible when transforming into two Falz Arms(Which are still technically one arm). I don't know when the Decol Malluda spawned.
    Last edited by Maenara; Jul 18, 2014 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Thanks.
    I didn't apply the story patch again after the update.
    Just the old installation was enough to break it.

Someone suggested this right away, and so I uninstalled right away, but it took an hour so I missed it anyway.

Also, looks like my tanky hu build may actually be good for something.
    I already thought I'd have to get a 2nd hu tree now or I'd be useless in this TD but I guess there's plenty for me to do.
    Last edited by Achelousaurus; Jul 18, 2014 at 03:03 AM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Was in random mpa earlier (too bad my internet had to randomly disconnect twice, so I can't finish both runs >< ), it seems, starting on Wave 3 it's better to use AIS. The JP players are doing that earlier. Only 1 or 2 for each wave though. 1 or 2 party was doing some coordination.

On Wave 1 and 2 earlier ...... just normally defend the tower, while collecting crystals as many as possible.

The condition of the towers until Wave 4 or 5 is good (I got disconnected after that >< ).
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Was in random mpa earlier (too bad my internet had to randomly disconnect twice, so I can't finish both runs >< ), it seems, starting on Wave 3 it's better to use AIS. The JP players are doing that earlier. Only 1 or 2 for each wave though. 1 or 2 party was doing some coordination.

On Wave 1 and 2 earlier ...... just normally defend the tower, while collecting crystals as many as possible.

The condition of the towers until Wave 4 or 5 is good (I got disconnected after that >< ).
    They use it on Wave 3, if they aren't sure if the random team can kill the Bleu Ringarda quickly enough, but if you're in a good team, you can save it for wave 5+
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    They use it on Wave 3, if they aren't sure if the random team can kill the Bleu Ringarda quickly enough, but if you're in a good team, you can save it for wave 5+
    Ah .... Ok. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I'm in random mpa then. Thank you
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Considering I got War Cry on me, is it a good idea to lure bosses to the middle between the towers?

Or better lure them to some edge of the map (providing the walls don't prevent that)?

And does anyone got experience with War Cry, how does it work? Just activate and I'll instantly turn into an enemy/boss magnet or do I still need get real or attack them to make them notice me?

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Falz Arms have 'Magnate of Malevolence' as their titlh, which appears to be a level 2 title meaning they can drop Vinculum equipment. Falz Hunar probably has this title too, that would be where all his extra HP comes from.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

http://i.imgur.com/ghBo4P6.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/w0XPzdQ.jpg

You can S-rank this in under 20 minutes with the following AIS distribution:

Wave 1: 0
    Wave 2: 1
    Wave 3: 1
    Wave 4: 1
    Wave 5: 1
    Wave 6: 3
    Wave 7: 5
    Wave 8: 12

With two people assigned to collecting crystals you should reach 7000 just in time for Wave 8 without any stalling tactics.

IMO people using AIS should prioritize their targets:
    Enemies (boss or otherwise) directly attacking the towers > Infection towers > VTOLs > Walls > Bosses not attacking towers > Mobs not attacking towers

Although that's really up to the individual, and even though mobs not attacking towers are low priority often it speeds up rounds greatly if you use the photon blaster (sub-pallet laser) on large swarms of Goldrahdas at the end of waves.

More notes - people have figured out it's possible to damage enemies before they spawn (like the spawn kill trick in Naberius TA2), so researching that further might be necessary for 3 runs. Also Zanverse apparently works with AIS attacks, so if you use it with the photon blaster you can kill bosses in seconds. Haven't tested that out myself though.