Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSA: Only Keys with Expiration after Oct 2, 14 JST qualify for exchange

As you know, October 2nd update will bring in any 5 keys (including expired ones) for Tokyo Gold exchange.

HOWEVER! Only keys with expiration date after October 2nd, 14 JST will be qualify for the exchange. So you cannot stockpile the silver tokyo keys from daily for the exchange.

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20191002/10/

My main character has been capped for all classes for a while now and my secondaries have their primary and sub classes capped as well. I've been trashing so many keys lately that it's sad, which they would increase the level cap already.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

the only reason i can think they would do this would be for Etoile, outside this, its pointless and people who have EXP tickets stocked up will be ready along with keys stockpiled from this update onwards. Not like theres a reason to prevent the G Key hoarding now
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

At this point I'd wonder why they even keep the date restriction on keys, and dont simply let you stack them as a material storage item. There's literally zero downside after this to have a character with a storage completely full of expired tokyo silver keys to exchange whenever a new class comes out, since you could just change them over at your own leisure.

HOWEVER! Only keys with expiration date after October 2nd, 14 JST will be qualify for the exchange. So you cannot stockpile the silver tokyo keys from daily for the exchange.

it mean you can stock silver keys for 7 days from Sep25th , isn't it?

My gripe with this is that the exchange is not really in the benefit of the player from a point of view regarding absolute experience value income. It just serves better as exp/min, but not as absolute experience value. 1 Tokyo Gold is approximately 3,5 Tokyo Silver keys. We're basically trading experience worth of 1,5 Tokyo Silver keys, alongside the items in the end, for having to spend 5-8mins less doing keys.

I can see that players who are burnt out and are more in for efficiency will like it, but personally I prefer the advantage of controlled extra exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril
    But it's not as if they are forcing you to make the exchange, so if you prefer to go the Silver Key method, then you are still free to do so.
    Indeed, they are not. It just feels weird to implement a QoL which kind of... reduces the reward for the player. It's like implementing another exchange at the Recycle Shop where instead of having to manually click all weapons to convert to excubes, I can shift-click all of them at once to convert them at a 70% rate...

-=EDIT=-
    Now if they said that I can give them 3 Tokyo Silver keys for 1 Tokyo Gold, then yes, I would consider it a great feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Indeed, they are not. It just feels weird to implement a QoL which kind of... reduces the reward for the player. It's like implementing another exchange at the Recycle Shop where instead of having to manually click all weapons to convert to excubes, I can shift-click all of them at once to convert them at a 70% rate...
    It seems like it is mostly for the people who don't have the time to use all of their Silver Keys so they end up expiring; if they didn't have the expiration date, I would agree that it is a bit of a rip off, but becuase of it, I see it in a more beneficial light as I myself often end up with a good 20 to 30 expired Silver Keys each week since I don't have the time to use them all, so being able to do something with them instead of just discarding them is worth the loss of potential EXP (which would otherwise be completely lost).
    Last edited by Anduril; Sep 21, 2019 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    My gripe with this is that the exchange is not really in the benefit of the player from a point of view regarding absolute experience value income. It just serves better as exp/min, but not as absolute experience value. 1 Tokyo Gold is approximately 3,5 Tokyo Silver keys. We're basically trading experience worth of 1,5 Tokyo Silver keys, alongside the items in the end, for having to spend 5-8mins less doing keys.

I can see that players who are burnt out and are more in for efficiency will like it, but personally I prefer the advantage of controlled extra exp.
    you won't want to go all out spend your booster on silver if you can spend it on all gold keys. with that 300% exp week ago i made 80 to 90 with 14 gold keys on 1 set of booster you lose value of silver in transition but it a plus for your booster
    Last edited by oratank; Sep 21, 2019 at 02:47 AM.

I just use it as easy excubes and class excubes source right after getting them if it's exp date less than nearest PSO2Day.
    Or stockpile them and spend 1-2 hours during PSO2Day to run them all in a bulk.

It'll be better to exchange these all 300+ 50% TriBoosts to at least 30 +100% TriBoosts
    Last edited by Zulastar; Sep 21, 2019 at 03:47 AM.