Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is SEGA's policy on uploading to YouTube atm

I remember SEGA had a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) with players while the game was in Alpha.
    Now that it's in Beta, it is the same?
    Or is SEGA going to allow people to post their gaming videos to YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, etc?

As you can tell, I'm really excited over the game and would like to see moar.
    I am =THE= SilentWanderer. If you have seen me around elsewhere, you can be sure this is me Here.

It should still be the same, that is:

1) You can't change the music or heavily edit the footage.
    2) You need to put "(C) Sega" at the beginning/end of the actual video that lasts at least three seconds.
    3) You need to put a longer description stating that it is a beta and content is subject to change in the description.

In short, you can upload videos now but there are limitations.
    I can get you the specific block of text if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixStryk View Post
    Yes, please do that.

I use video editing software, so doing this should be no problem. I assume that using the official SEGA logo is a NO-NO as it is a registered trademark of SEGA.
    I am =THE= SilentWanderer. If you have seen me around elsewhere, you can be sure this is me Here.

The video description text:

The following video contains footage of "Phantasy Star Online 2 Closed Beta Test"; since this game is currently under development, the contents may not reflect the final version. Additionally, such contents may be improved upon in the future.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 Official Site http://pso2.jp/

『PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2』クローズドβ テストにおいて撮影された実機動画です。
    開発中のため、正式版とは異なる内容であり、今後改良される可能性があります。
    『PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2』公式サイト http://pso2.jp/

For the actual video, a black screen with text saying "© SEGA" will suffice, but you are free to be more elaborate about it if it pleases you.

If you want to nit-pick, these description text might need to be modified slightly for Open Beta videos since... you know... it says Closed Beta in it. Just a word change for the English and Japanese blocks. Something to think about.

Finally, all of these rules apply to live streams as well since they are still videos. If you'd like to stream any footage, take that into consideration.

These are only current as of the Closed Beta, so these rules are likewise subject to change.
    Hopefully this is enough to help you out. Until next time, take care.

I just bookmarked this and saved the webpage to a special folder.
    so I don't lose it.
    I tend to lose things. It's a really bad personality trait. >_>

BTW, if you just want to upload un-deited footage (for quality purposes) you can do so and just add the "©SEGA" using YouTube Annotations.

All the videos in my sig are like so if you want to take a look at examples.

Using the official SEGA logo is fine, as as some people have just spliced in the SEGA splash screen from the game's intro into their videos. Also, make sure the JAPANESE TEXT IS FIRST in your description. Sega officials may not scroll down and thus remove your video because they didn't see the required text. Some people have had this happen before.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWanderer View Post
    I assume that using the official SEGA logo is a NO-NO as it is a registered trademark of SEGA.
    Umm... no why would that be an issue?

I used the SEGA logo as a watermark with Bandicam for my alpha videos (though it turned out white for some reason). Never had an issue. Only video I did have an issue with was my first one where I didn't have the copyright mark and description.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixStryk View Post
    It should still be the same, that is:

1) You can't change the music or heavily edit the footage.
    2) You need to put "(C) Sega" at the beginning/end of the actual video that lasts at least three seconds.
    3) You need to put a longer description stating that it is a beta and content is subject to change in the description.

Is is just me or does this topic have a conflict of interest in the project Icespike is working on...
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194804
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43936_3.gif
    Dumb PSU vids and Dumb PSO2 vids in the sig Rappy Gifs here

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Is is just me or does this topic have a conflict of interest in the project Icespike is working on...
    Technically it does, but if he keeps it private or releases it when the restrictions are removed, he should be fine. Just tell him to keep a copy of the video saved in case Sega takes it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    You can get permission. But basically as long as you keep the copyright notices there and indicate the music isn't from PSO2 and give those copyrights too, then they won't delete the video as far as I know.