Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    please let this shit die already only like 10 people on the forums here would actually play it
    ^This

Also as much as I love and would like to play PSU online again just....
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Vintasticvin; Apr 22, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

If they really can't let it go, then they can just play the offline, it's the closest they'll ever get to playing it online again. Private Server development is pretty much dead, Sega will never reopen the servers, it's just not going to happen. I do play the offline whenever PSO2 is down for it's weekly maintenance, and it's good enough for me.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Would it really be worth it, from the community's point of view? Do you think that it would be fun to play online, in 2014? I heard a lot of smack talk about the content when it was live, that Sega were shit at updating and supporting the game. Then there's the dwindling/non-existent community, who would you play with?

Just play it offline, it's easy enough if you have a PS2 or PC. "But there's not enough content!" Then play the Portable series. "I can't get my hands on a UMD!" Then play PSO2, it's the latest and greatest, available for free download. If you're still not satisfied, there's always Zero (easy enough to buy online), or the original series on a bunch of different platforms.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekku View Post
    Would it really be worth it, from the community's point of view? Do you think that it would be fun to play online, in 2014? I heard a lot of smack talk about the content when it was live, that Sega were shit at updating and supporting the game. Then there's the dwindling/non-existent community, who would you play with?

Just play it offline, it's easy enough if you have a PS2 or PC. "But there's not enough content!" Then play the Portable series. "I can't get my hands on a UMD!" Then play PSO2, it's the latest and greatest, available for free download. If you're still not satisfied, there's always Zero (easy enough to buy online), or the original series on a bunch of different platforms.
    But I don't wanna play those I wanna play Psu Online!

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    They shut the game down because not enough people were playing back when it was the current generation iteration of Phantasy Star, the PC version much earlier than the Xbox one, what in the world makes you think it would stand even a snowballs chance in hell of being worth the cost of keeping live now?
    Quite a few factors actually.

First, what they shut down was the p2p monthly sub version. The Jp version actually went freemium + cash shop and stayed open until pso2. Historically, p2p games which proved unviable have seen a second lease of life in f2p, but Sega hadn't put the resources to convert PSU to f2p at the time of closure.

Second, with pc/ps2 and 360, the playerbase was fragmented. Considering the context here - to reopen one version and one version only. Which represents a better snowball's chance in hell? The console version with 3rd party fees or the PC version without? Is it more likely for pc/ps2 players to have an Xbox or Xbox players to have a pc? Will the xbone version of pso2 come first or pc for future cross marketing? Are people more likely to have an Xbox 360 today or a next Gen + pc?

Not that I care either way mind you, too many new games to play. But to ask for one version to be brought back I think pc is a safer bet
    Last edited by Selphea; Apr 24, 2014 at 08:34 PM.

freemium makes them more money

psu is dead unless you have some really good coders

but sega isn't going to possibly divide a paying playerbase

If Sega wanted to keep PSU around they wouldn't have shut down the Japanese PC version of the game, but they did and now we're here. The only chance I could see PSU ever making a come back would be through private servers, but every attempt has turned up with no results and understandably so, we'd need a group of people with a lot of time on their hands, the skill and dedication to do it.

It was obvious when Sega shut down PSU around the PSO2's beta/early release they wanted to put all resources into PSO2 instead of juggling around the two games and let's be honest, it would have been cheaper for them to drop PSU and work on PSO2.

As much as I'd love to play PSU online again you gotta face the fact that until a group of people or someone starts up development of a private server again, the game won't be making a come back.
    Last edited by ArataWata; May 14, 2014 at 05:48 AM.
    Playing PSO2, PSOBB and PSP2i!

To all PSU players even though most of you wanted this to die, you guys should of at least signed the petition. That's sad that this hit over 1 thousand views on this thread, but we couldn't get over 1 thousand signatures on the petition. (900+ signatures) But still it wasn''t like you guys were gonna die if you signed it was only gonna take a few seconds. Next time at least sign it if you view this thread. Don't be a party pooper :|

What makes you think your voice is going to be heard over the multiple amounts of others who basically did a copy/paste attempt of what you're basically doing, and their cries were faded out? More importantly, why should we blindly sign something that we know is not going to do jack? Its been 4 years since the death of the PC/PS2, and 2 years for the 360 version. Sega does not care for this iteration of Phantasy Star any longer. Their attention is 100% on PSO2. I'm sorry, it'd be a miracle, but one way or another everyone is gonna have to face hard facts: Sega does not care about a dead game. Just keep your hopes on the private server being worked on, or the offline patch.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Sep 25, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

I agree with most on here Sega clearly does not care for our opinions or the fact that many americans want pso2 localized over here. To me its their loss they could make more money and promote the series more but they fail to do so..I have zero pity for the company whatsoever.