Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Is it even possible to do such thing though? won't sega send boogeyman to halt entire event because it's against their will?
    Ya I mean, it's against the ToS to even play but you know, it'll be shut down pretty quick once Sega gets wind of it.

Quote Originally Posted by About this project
    Scientific analysis of Phantasy Star
    So, another rant about how soundtrack and atmosphere made PSO so popular and how the sequels failed to recapture it?

Wouldn't be willing to spend $100 for a ticket. Not even the biggest 3~4-day Anime conventions cost that much.
    EDIT: Oh, that perk includes goods. Though I doubt you'd be able to this one to work out if you're handing out PSO2-related items, given the whole "overseas players aren't allowed to play" thing.

Is it even possible to do such thing though? won't sega send boogeyman to halt entire event because it's against their will?
    There are PS fan events in Japan and they don't do anything about it. Why would it be any different here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Ya I mean, it's against the ToS to even play but you know, it'll be shut down pretty quick once Sega gets wind of it.
    It's a "Phantasy Star" event, not a "Phantasy Star Online 2" event.
    Last edited by kurokyosuke; Feb 3, 2016 at 12:37 AM.

Sega's boogeyman will hand out bans too all the baka ganjins like there's no tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    Wouldn't be willing to spend $100 for a ticket. Not even the biggest 3~4-day Anime conventions cost that much.

There are PS fan events in Japan and they don't do anything about it. Why would it be any different here?

It's a "Phantasy Star" event, not a "Phantasy Star Online 2" event.
    Even then you can nostalgia about it anytime on forums but you know and I know the biggest thing everyone is gonna want to know is why and when this game is ever going to hit the West. PSO2 will be basically the main talk etc I mean sure you can host local Ep1/2 splitscreen plays but I mean that can only do so much.

Unless the organizer receive permit from SEGA, they still have chance to get a bottle of wine and get smashed in the head with it.
    Japanese company can be very anal about their stuff, also it takes me back to the certain unofficial pokemon event or what's that, get sued.

Shouldn't be a lot of trouble to poke RubyEclipse on Twitter about it and get a confirm or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Even then you can nostalgia about it anytime on forums but you know and I know the biggest thing everyone is gonna want to know is why and when this game is ever going to hit the West. PSO2 will be basically the main talk etc I mean sure you can host local Ep1/2 splitscreen plays but I mean that can only do so much.
    PSO2 may be the in-thing for Japan and the PSOW community, but you have to remember that most fans of the Phantasy Star series didn't start with PSO2. Not to mention there are people who hate PSO2 and are rather adamant about the original iteration. Actual fans of the game will have more to talk about than just PSO2. That being said, it probably wouldn't last more than one event without PSO2.

PSO2 may be the in-thing for Japan and the PSOW community, but you have to remember that most fans of the Phantasy Star series didn't start with PSO2. Not to mention there are people who hate PSO2 and are rather adamant about the original iteration. Actual fans of the game will have more to talk about than just PSO2. That being said, it probably wouldn't last more than one event without PSO2.
    Except there's nothing new to talk about anymore?
    Even the latest, PS Nova didn't make it out from Nipponland.

Except there's nothing new to talk about anymore?
    Even the latest, PS Nova didn't make it out from Nipponland.
    Hence "it probably wouldn't last more than one event".