Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    My resolution is 1920x1080, though I run with Ambient Occlusion and 2xSGSSAA, as mentioned.

As for reporting it to SEGA, well... besides my Japanese simply not being that good, I'm also kind of afraid of being banned for playing from a foreign IP address.
    Don't worry about that. I've reported a couple of things as well as a few cheaters and I'm still playing.

But yes, since it uses the D3DX9 library, and with that kind of resolution, I really can understand memory issues. I was guilty of the "works for me" mindset there briefly without thinking of the people who use really high resolutions. *sigh* I should be ashamed of myself for that.

On the resolution issue, btw, I play with 1680x1050. Currently I play with a bit less to use window mode, though.

Well, given your physical RAM, I'm assuming you are using x64 versions of Windows. Could you check the PSO2 working set in Task Manager?

You may actually be running into similar issues.

Hum, the problem is that I'm one of those whose GameGuard doesn't like the Task manager in any form or flavor, I can't bring it up in any way and if I open it before the game, it crashes.

But this change is pretty simple, so I'm going to do it and go extreme and run the game at graphic setting 4 and 5, and see if I feel any improvement at least at level 4.

Tried it and didn't really notice any differences as of yet, but haven't done any taxing things yet such as code destructions or PSE bursts, might just be because I only have 4GB of ram so it wouldn't add that much being able to go over 2.

As I should have already mentioned, physical RAM is not the same as process address space. What the Large Address Aware flag does is to allow processes to use more of their address space, up to a maximum of 3GB on 32 bit systems with the right boot options for Windows set (normaly this does nothing on 32 bit systems, you must explicitly enable it and run the risk of problems because of kernel mode using less) and around 3.5GB on 64 bit systems (it is impossible for 64 bit systems to get all of the 4GB address space for a few reasons).

The only way you would see any difference with this set is if the game is running out of memory. Enabling this flag isn't a performance panacea or anything like that since the memory manager still allocates memory at the same speed if 2GB is available or 4. The memory manager also normally favours locations lower in the address range too. As I also said, even with 4GB of RAM, you are able to run and allocate lots more in a 64 bit process, much more than the amount of physical RAM you have. The defaults for Windows x64 is that the user portion of a 64 bit process has 8TB of address space (yes 8 Terra Bytes). The only thing that restricts the amount you can allocate in that is your page file (which defaults by using a multiple of RAM size, but can be set totally different) and hard disk space. The only thing that RAM has to do with this is that code and data must be in physical RAM to be worked on by the processor.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Aug 17, 2012 at 08:04 PM.

Well, I've been testing it for a while now, and I can't really say I've found a great improvement, not to say that I didn't notice imnprovement at all, but well.

After enabling the LAA I did as I said, tried the game in graphic level 5 at fullscreen and window mode, then at graphic level 4 with both settings, but the errors are still here, and I ended going back to graphics 3 window mode. Even like this, I get those texture errors sometimes.

I didn't make any sort of record of the crashes, but I can say the game "feels" a bit more stable anyways. I've been up to like 4 crashes an hour on hard graphic times, like in a multiparty City run, now it might have crashed once somedays.

I guess I'll be patient and lay low on graphics till christmas that I'll try to revamp my machine a bit.

Offtopic: Seems like a overclocked/dieing/overheating graphics card issue to me or memory errors usually not enough vram to display everything even on higher settings.

If its overclocked, set it back to default settings since overclocking can cause it to give random issues in the game also turn off added settings in the nvidia control panel if you have any on.

Also is the graphics card free of dust, if not, then you need to open up your computer and clean it out and clean out the dust in the fan (if it has one) or heatsink free of dust if you can.

You shouldn't be crashing that often unless like its really dieing out or its a power issue from the power supply Darki, also do you have the latest drivers if so, donno if this helps but do a clean install if you can, might help with the crashing but better than nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    Hum, the problem is that I'm one of those whose GameGuard doesn't like the Task manager in any form or flavor, I can't bring it up in any way and if I open it before the game, it crashes.

But this change is pretty simple, so I'm going to do it and go extreme and run the game at graphic setting 4 and 5, and see if I feel any improvement at least at level 4.
    and for other people that taskmanager don't work
    use process explorer (same as taskmanager but more better)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb896653
    pso2 jp
    Human Ranger lvl 40 April Angela (MFC)

ill give this a try

asus n53jq

i7 44Q clarksfield 1.73ghz

4gb ddr3

nvidia 425gtm 1gb

and ill let you know if i see any performance boosts.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.